2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the vast majority of any transfer fee will be pure profit could be a crucial factor
The fact that we will possibly lose money on book value on some of our outgoings ( as we did with Klassen ) will be a factor
Books have to be balanced and FPP taken into consideration

The profit of the book price would be key to this deal, it would be a huge enabling factor to our summer budget.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that we are already looking for a DM/CM, maybe even 2. That would be in addition to Gana. We sell Gana, assuming Schneiderlin, McCarthy, and Besic are shipped out, we need AT LEAST two. 30M ain't going to cut it. I also love Ibrahim Sangare, but he's not coming in here and replicating what Gana does, at least not immediately. It would be an immediate downgrade, but could certainly be an upgrade in the future.

Agreed with your point about selling folks and trusting our DoF, but the price needs to reflect the loss and the value of the player to the club, not just the going rate for the player. If Man U have unlimited funds - and they do - they should be willing to pay a lot more than 30M for him.

Like i say, im not thinking of the transfer in absolutes, more on criteria of any sale and that would depend on the fee but also the alternative we could bring in, those boxes would have to work for us and be better off, but i believe that is is possible. Both would have to work for me. Im comfortable and open minded about it because we hold all the cards, or leverage for any deal to have to suit us.

We will all have opinions on the squad what needs to be added and sold, its unlikely any of our opinions will 100% happen so there is no point discussing it definitively. What i would say people often think like you do as in cash in and cash out in a single season or it neever happens that way or happens very very rarely in the game. transfers just dont work like that. For example, you could sign two defensive midfielders for 35 mill each (i dont think we need two myself) on five year contracts and structure the deal of the payment on each being 7 million a year over five years. Figures quoted in reports are the over all cost of the transfer fee but generally broken down annually over the course of the contract. We didnt hand over 40 odd million to Watford for Richarlison in the summer, we didnt have it for one thing.

Last edited:
??
you think United are at Evertons level and PSG are higher.
Last night they played Barca in front of 75k fans after knocking PSG out of the CL.

If Gana wants to stay, great, if not, he's been playing well and we should get 30 mil for an ageing midfielder.
It's not like he's running his contract down.
Brands will find a suitable younger replacement.
We're not that far off them in the league.
They're set to lose their star player and in desperate need of a rebuild.
Psg offer league titles and should have a better chance of a champions league challenge, realistically they should of beat utd, and they would of if Neymar had been fit

Like i say, im not thinking of the transfer in absolutes, more on criteria depending on the fee but also the alternative. Both would have to work for me. Im comfortable and open minded about it because we hold all the cards, or leverage for any deal to have to suit us.

We will all have opinions on the squad what needs to be added and sold, its unlikely any of our opinions will 100% happen so there is no point discussing it definitively. What i would say people often think like you do as in cash in and cash out in a single season or happens very very rarely. It doesnt work like that. For example, you could sign two defensive midfielders for 35 mill each (i dont think we need two myself) on five year contracts and structure the deal of the payment on each being 7 million a year over five years. Figures quoted in reports are the over all cost of the transfer but generally broken down annually over the course of the contract. We didnt hand over 40 odd million to Watford for Richarlison in the summer, we didnt have it for one thing.

Fair post.

I'm still a little surprised that others don't think we need AT LEAST two solid CM/DMs on the team, though. Without at least two, we are prohibiting Silva from playing one of his two 4-3-3 variants at least I think. Recognize it's another discussion altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.