2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been excellent since January, and you couldn't fault his attitude in the three seasons he's been here.

But - still think in the long run we might be more sensible to take £30m or so for him in the summer and buy Sangare from Toulouse - similar sort of tackling stats but taller, much better with the ball and only 21.

Think he is playing a completely different level in the last couple of months myself, since the PSG big i think his form has really improved.

Suddenly he seems so much better on the ball too. I actually find it really weird, especially for a player of his age. I'm not complaining anyway..

Suddenly he seems so much better on the ball too. I actually find it really weird, especially for a player of his age. I'm not complaining anyway..
My worry is his form has really got even better since his move was stopped so is he playing so well just to get the right fee for him for him to move on..........

Fair play to him. Could've downed tools like many a rat before.

Yep, fair play to him.

It's not an ideal situation but I do agree with many posters here that we should consider finding a replacement for him if we get £30m+. We need to be thrifty in the market and have a long term vision if we want to compete.

He's been excellent since January, and you couldn't fault his attitude in the three seasons he's been here.

But - still think in the long run we might be more sensible to take £30m or so for him in the summer and buy Sangare from Toulouse - similar sort of tackling stats but taller, much better with the ball and only 21.

Id snap anyones hands off for £25mil then grab Sangare for the same fee.

I just find it fascinating that GOT at large is so fascinated with selling our best players for a profit and assumes we can just sign the next best thing for cheaper although if they were really good enough for us other teams playing in Europe would be in for them as well.

Does my head in

Gana is a player we need to continue to get better and move up the table. We shouldn't be looking to sell him, unless he wants to go and we get a huge fee for him. And we especially shouldn't sell him if we finish 7th this season and have Europa action next season.

I just find it fascinating that GOT at large is so fascinated with selling our best players for a profit and assumes we can just sign the next best thing for cheaper although if they were really good enough for us other teams playing in Europe would be in for them as well.

Does my head in

Gana is a player we need to continue to get better and move up the table. We shouldn't be looking to sell him, unless he wants to go and we get a huge fee for him. And we especially shouldn't sell him if we finish 7th this season and have Europa action next season.

This also baffles me, sell your best players cos they hit or are approaching 30; like the next day after their 30th birthday they suddenly become unable to play football anymore. Madness.

Yeah this is what I think, as great as his attitude is, we cant ignore that age thing, and Brands has said he wants a younger squad

Sangare from Toulouse - similar sort of tackling stats but taller, much better with the ball and only 21.

If he is 21 then I'm about to celebrate my 14th birthday .. any chance his birth certificate actually got lost somewhere in the late 1980s and the new copy miraculously had a date of birth in the late 1990s instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.