2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s one of the few on the team that don’t give it away. Who on the team is good in possession, then?
Digne, Gomes, Bernard and Sigurdsson are the only Everton players that really know how to look after the ball. I imagine that's why the team is struggling to follow Silva's game plan of passing out from the back.

As usual stats do not always tell the truth.

Those 34% of inaccurate passes could have been ambitious ones. I would prefer a play to have say 80% passing with 20% missing their mark due to trying to create a chance rather than 100% going sideways all the time.
12 accurate passes in 90 minutes though?? Let’s not pretend they were all through balls either. He produced very little and lost most of his 50/50’s.

12 accurate passes in 90 minutes though?? Let’s not pretend they were all through balls either. He produced very little and lost most of his 50/50’s.

Not saying one way or the other, just saying stats are rubbish.

I thought he did well myself purely from the eye test rather than looking at stats.

our other midfielders are there to do that. Makalele, Roy Keane, Viera and other great midfield destroyers also weren't known for their forward passing, but were crucial to their teams.

I get the point you are trying to make but them 3 where special players, viera was much much more than a destroyer as well

Good attitude. Only natural that he wanted to go to PSG but he's handled the situation very well.

About to post this, He probably still wants out but respect for not being a cry arse and still giving his all in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.