2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, He's way too limited for my liking, You can't just be a defensive mid and your only job is to win the ball back, You need a bit more than that these days.
You only see his weaknesses, I only see his strengths, neither of us are wrong, it’s all opinions that’s all. Yes he does give the ball away lots, but my God, the amount of times he stops an opponent running through to our ‘rock solid’ defensive unit, I dread to think how many more games we would have lost without him.

I remember loads didn’t rate Bob Latchford when we had he was our top scorers for five or six seasons on the bounce and had a near enough 1 goal every two games ratio. I loved the Latch, I am pretty fond of this lad too, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t understand what a good player looks like ( nor does it mean you don’t because you disagree with my opinion of him). We are all entitled to our opinions, what I genuinely do not get though, is the vitriol he is catching at the moment. Fair enough bemoan his shortcomings, but some are carrying on like he is the worst player we have, and he most definitely is not!

Sorry mate, I wrote my first reply before I saw your last post, with which I agree 100% :)
No I agree with you, I don't dislike him and I know he is key for this team although I don't think we would be as bad if he left like others seem to think. It just feels like a waste having him in the center of the park and he can't pass or drive forward at times because that means we're relying on Gomes/Davies or whoever else he's paired with and if they're not on it then we have no one in the midfield to get things going.

Something the coach has worked on with him, or just one of those games which we all have had?

....not sure. Could be Schneiderlin allowed him to be more positive. Could be the opposition were so poor, there seemed lots of room to exploit once he got clear of his marker. Could be just one of those games where he felt good and was in the mood.

I just had a few quid on him for first goal on Sunday, 66-1 (BetFred) is a massive price for a midfielder.

....not sure. Could be Schneiderlin allowed him to be more positive. Could be the opposition were so poor, there seemed lots of room to exploit once he got clear of his marker. Could be just one of those games where he felt good and was in the mood.

I just had a few quid on him for first goal on Sunday, 66-1 (BetFred) is a massive price for a midfielder.
He was down coz his dad died.

I’d be useless in work too.

Counts for a lot.

Maybe the fact PSG have shown major interest will keep Gueye’s performances at this level till May,I know it was cardiff but he was excellent in defence and setting up counters on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.