2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this system yes. And I don't think he suits Silva at all. Don't see him being here next season.

But why is Gueye revered for essentially the same.

Run.
Tackle.
Give it away cheaply.
Repeat.

Idrissa Gueye.

Whilst Gana's passing is atrocious, he was brought in as a defensive midfielder, to break up play, track back, win the ball, something he did well today. What he needs is someone next to him to do all the creative work, while he does all the donkey work for them, IMO like.

Tbf have any of you stats gimps got his passing data to hand for the last 12 months because I reckon he's floating around the bottom 20% for in the league?

His job should be simply to mop up and release short 5 yard passes to players who can carry the ball better. He did the first half of that well today. Someone asked me the other day if he resembled Kante and I literally lol'd at them.

He looks this season what he in fact is: the football equivalent of a purchase from Home and Bargain.

Whilst Gana's passing is atrocious, he was brought in as a defensive midfielder, to break up play, track back, win the ball, something he did well today. What he needs is someone next to him to do all the creative work, while he does all the donkey work for them, IMO like.

it is frustrating that his passing is so poor, but the stats don't back that up as much as I'd have thought.

that being said, we do know his passing is poor.
but, as you point out, the fact we have to have him trying those passes is an issue.

Davies did manage to do a lot of that work today, and that is reflected in the stats. Davies tried more passes in the opposition half than Gana (27 compared to 15). But Davies lacks the quality that we need.

Whilst Gana's passing is atrocious, he was brought in to break up play, track back, win the ball, something he did well today, he needs someone next to him to do all the creative work, while he does all the donkey work for them, IMO like.

I agree to an extent. I just don't see how we can ever become a good footballing side with a midfielder who is so fundamentally flawed with a ball at his feet. It's the fact he misplaces easy passes in bad areas. It gets us caught out so much.

But what was good today was seeing how much better balanced the team was with only one of Schneiderlein and Gueye. This needs to be the way forward with Davies a starter. It's scandalous how our midfield ranks are so lacking in any quality.

it is frustrating that his passing is so poor, but the stats don't back that up as much as I'd have thought.

that being said, we do know his passing is poor.
but, as you point out, the fact we have to have him trying those passes is an issue.

Davies did manage to do a lot of that work today, and that is reflected in the stats. Davies tried more passes in the opposition half than Gana (27 compared to 15). But Davies lacks the quality that we need.

Imagine a Gana with a good range of passing Toff, the complete all round player,he would be absolutely boss.

He's in the team to do the dirty work, win the ball back for us and allowing us to start counter attacks. He did that well today, the best he's done it in a long while.

He's not brilliant on the ball but he's not half as bad as some make him out to be. If he was much better on the ball he'd be starting for a champions league quality side.

You can always improve on what you've got but if we're buying two midfielders in the next transfer window Gueye isn't the one I'd be looking to replace. I'd miss what he brings to the team a lot more than I'd miss what Davies, Schneiderlin or Sigurdsson do.

He's always in my best everton XI right now, but I don't know what we need. I believe we need a powerful box to box centre mid to maybe compliment him. But is that what we need or do we need a proper DM to anchor the defence like Barry used to do.

Im starting to think a proper DM with gueye/gomes and siggurdsson would be our best three because our defence gets no shielding and it hasn't since Barry has left and as a consequence we've been so easy to score against. Pickford is a fantastic keeper but look at how many he concedes, and barely any are his fault.

Our best player yesterday. But we lost, so let the hysterical slugs who hate him have a field day. Let’s get Schneiderlin back in so we can applaud him making one tackle and tell everyone he’s our best midfielder because we’re so observant and studied.
I have slated him this season, and rightly so in my opinion, but he was outstanding yesterday and I would agree that he was our best player. If he plays like that every week then he will give me nothing to moan about. That midfield needs to start against Fulham.

I have slated him this season, and rightly so in my opinion, but he was outstanding yesterday and I would agree that he was our best player. If he plays like that every week then he will give me nothing to moan about. That midfield needs to start against Fulham.

When he’s bad, he stands out because his passing can be especially grotesque. But yesterday he was excellent defensively, which is the only job we should be asking him to do. Asking him to be a box to box midfielder like we do when Schneiderlin plays is never going to end well. In that role you can’t hide in the centre circle playing one touch passes to your centre backs like your mate alongside you.

Probably our best player yesterday for his break-up play. Many expected Torreira and Xhaka to have free-reign in the middle but he did a good job in keeping them in check for long periods.

He desperately needs a baller in there with him though. Just hoping that Gomes can at least come in and start clicking with him immediately, that could be the tonic we need.

I hate how Gueye can't pass the ball yet consistently ends up in the top 2 or 3 in the team for passing accuracy with typically one of the highest total passes as well.

Also hate how he offers nothing for but always ends up with the most tackles, intercepts, blocked shots.

And whilst we're at it, I hate how he has won more club MOTM awards than any other Everton player since he's signed.

All of that when he is obviously the worst player to ever pull on an Everton jersey. Get rid.

P.S. Our hero N'golo Kante won less ball and had a lower passing accuracy than Gueye in his match played at the same time against West Ham. Best player the world has ever seen, absolute legend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.