2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf have any of you stats gimps got his passing data to hand for the last 12 months because I reckon he's floating around the bottom 20% for in the league?

His job should be simply to mop up and release short 5 yard passes to players who can carry the ball better. He did the first half of that well today. Someone asked me the other day if he resembled Kante and I literally lol'd at them.

A midfielder who can't find a team mate from 6 feet is apparently good enough for Everton these days.

Evertonians love running around. It's a strange mentality and symbolic of the irrelevance we are becoming.

A midfielder who can't find a team mate from 6 feet is apparently good enough for Everton these days.

Evertonians love running around. It's a strange mentality and symbolic of the irrelevance we are becoming.

I'm just aware of his limitations mate. I'd like someone better, obviously.

Do you think we'd have conceded more or less if he didn't play today?

Hypothetical question. Less I'd think.

I'm hoping we see Schneiderlein Davies most weeks again like we did in the winter of Koeman's first season when we briefly looked like a competent ball playing football team. The key word being briefly of course.

What's the number of misplaced passes leading to Arsenal breaks with our full backs pushed high?

Well he lost possession 9 times. But that's not passes, it's also failed dribbles/heavy touches etc.

Digne lost possession 26 times, which was the highest in the team.

Gueye attempted 34 passes in total. Gylfi, Davies and Digne attempted the most - all 37.

Of Gueye's 34 attempted passes, 15 were in Arsenal's half. Gueye's passing accuracy overall was 82.4%, the third in the team after Gylfi (86%) and Walcott (94%).

Gylfi attempted 29 passes in Arsenal's half, which was the most in our team.

Gueye and Digne won the joint most duels for us - 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.