I reckon we should go for Ancelotti I know he just got sacked but he's still got something to offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he's gonna be motivated to build a team at this stage of his career. I can see fans turning on him cos he's old and outdated one year later if if by some miracle he comes.

Is there anybody out there who doesn't think that Unsworth couldn't get this squad playing with at least some passion? I know lots will say it is a massive step up, but let's face it, at this rate we will soon be out of the running for any competition we are eligible for. Players can be dropped, why can't managers?
He should be given until the end of the season and at least see how it goes.

He would certainly attract better players

This 100% this is the key... attracting a top manager is the thing that will get the club moving. Say for example we got morinho instead of koeman , do you think we would have had problems attracting players? Would lukaku have left? When players see a top manager they will come (we will have to overpay in fees and wages ) but they will come .

Ancelotti wouldn't even look twice at us right now. He's just been sacked from one of Europe's elite and has to chose his new club very carefully, why on earth would he even look at us in the state we're in When he could wait a little longer and another opportunity is bound to turn up.

Ancelotti wouldn't even look twice at us right now. He's just been sacked from one of Europe's elite and has to chose his new club very carefully, why on earth would he even look at us in the state we're in When he could wait a little longer and another opportunity is bound to turn up.

Money.
The Prem is awash with it. Not just for him personally but to spend on players he would want.
Koeman has wasted a solid £70-£80m in 12 months on some dross.

Not many managers at a club not demanding titles get that luxury.

Money.
The Prem is awash with it. Not just for him personally but to spend on players he would want.
Koeman has wasted a solid £70-£80m in 12 months on some dross.

Not many managers at a club not demanding titles get that luxury.
But he can also get money elsewere without taking the risk of having his reputation dented here. It's just a question of him waiting a few mouths, having a break and waiting for the better opportunity (from his pov) which is bound to turn up.

Where else would he go?.

Status
Not open for further replies.