Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Everton are going to go with anyone other than a top proven manager (what are the actual chances of getting a top manager) then I'd like to see Arteta given an opportunity. It will be a huge risk but having been at Arsenal and Man City for the last few years he's had the best training he could possibly have got to be a successful manager. As he player he showed he had intelligence and leadership so there's no reason why he can't do it as a manager.
The big question would be who he'd get in as his backroom staff as he won't have an established team and I can't see him bringing anyone with him from Man City.

If he is obtainable and open to offers from us, it's a travesty if we are not going in for him. Again, just makes me question the judgement of the board. Emery has proven pedigree. Should be top of any list.
Would he want a team that he has to rip up though ?

I do agree by the way.

You'd like to think we'd at least approach Emery.
I'm not against Silva, i think he's got all the tools to be a top manager but when we looked at him previously both Emery and Fonseca were not available. Would be foolish not to consider them.... even if just to cross off the list.

We would be stupid if we didnt speak to Emery while he is available.... whether or not its for him at the moment, is another matter but while Emery and Fonseca are out of contract, you'd be stupid not to speak to both.

If Eddie Howe is not on the short list, then we should be considering David Wagner.

Massively over achieved with Huddersfield.

Clever manager.

"Would he want a team that he has to rip up though ?"

I don't know mate but he's used to sorting out a club left in a mess by Koeman. His record at Valencia is good and Sevilla, even better.

I think his record shows he can build a team and Emery was my first choice last time. Just think he has form as a winner and a good manager. He'd be a statement of intent and ambition.

All depends on what the boards motivations are or if they are astute enough.

Why isn't Wenger seriously in the mix here? What do we want our next manager to do? Challenge the top 6 top 4 positions and win a cup or two, that's what Wenger has done every season he has been in the country. He will get us there and then when we need to review it it 3 or 4 years time we can do so. Silva condemns us to that 7th - 10th place finish season on season, Wenger has a standing in the game that no Everton manager will have had since Kendall. It's an absolute no brainer from what I can see

That's the thing that's mad about Emery, he was interviewed and declined us for PSG when Koeman was brought in. If we are praising Moshiri for going back to Silva because it's who he wanted originally, you'd think Emery would be up there because it's who they REALLY wanted originally

I seriously think we should go for Loew

You might say "Why would he come here" but think about it, if he wants a job in England who of the top 8 are likely to offer him a deal? The main one I can think of is Arsenal, but I've heard no rumblings that they're looking at him. The next team after them that would appeal to him are us

What has he shown us as Germany manager?
He's shown us that he likes a project, he plays attractive football, he can win things and that he promotes youth

What do we as fans generally want?
We want a long term option who will having us play good football, we want someone who has won things and we want someone who will make the most of our great youth set up

What will he want?
An ambitious club with good youth facilities who will both back him in the transfer market as well as giving him time to succeed and adapt to club football again, whilst also being in a big league where he can pit his skills against other top managers

And to top it off, Liverpool have Klopp, who I'm sure he'd like to get one over on

Seriously, we would mesh together really well

It's honestly worth a go. The least the club could do is sound him out over it. We have a DoF to sign players anyway, so the fact he has a World Cup to focus on isn't that much of a detriment

We need to believe this could happen, because I honestly think it could

On day I hope you’ll stop the nose-picker shouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.