Hypothetical Manager Shortlist No.1

Next manager of our dearly beloved blueboys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More chance of Moyes getting a new contract than West Ham beating us to Fonseca if we want him. I don’t buy it.
Maybe. Personally I cant see Fonseca going anywhere that doesn't have European football to offer...preferably of the CL variety.

Fulham or West Ham!? Nah West Ham have two London spivs in charge, everything about them, and West Ham’s history of failure screams ‘swerve’.
I dont think we'd be seen as that much better looking at this from the outside in: Moshiri - 4th manager in 2 years, money already used up on a load of tat, fans who get restless if the team dont win 5-0 every game.

I dont think we'd be seen as that much better looking at this from the outside in: Moshiri - 4th manager in 2 years, money already used up on a load of tat, fans who get restless if the team dont win 5-0 every game.

We’ve consistently been in the top ten for 15 years, and talking of restless fans, it was West Ham having pitch invasions and demonstrations last season.

We’ve consistently been in the top ten for 15 years, and talking of restless fans, it was West Ham having pitch invasions and demonstrations last season.
My point is we - as a provincial team, literally - have our own problems that would have managers recoiling and that (in combination with location) would see us as not much more attractive than West Ham.

I dont think we'd be seen as that much better looking at this from the outside in: Moshiri - 4th manager in 2 years, money already used up on a load of tat, fans who get restless if the team dont win 5-0 every game.[/QUOTE]
Really? settle for team trying to play the right way and showing some fight to attempt to win every game

I seriously think we should go for Loew

You might say "Why would he come here" but think about it, if he wants a job in England who of the top 8 are likely to offer him a deal? The main one I can think of is Arsenal, but I've heard no rumblings that they're looking at him. The next team after them that would appeal to him are us

What has he shown us as Germany manager?
He's shown us that he likes a project, he plays attractive football, he can win things and that he promotes youth

What do we as fans generally want?
We want a long term option who will having us play good football, we want someone who has won things and we want someone who will make the most of our great youth set up

What will he want?
An ambitious club with good youth facilities who will both back him in the transfer market as well as giving him time to succeed and adapt to club football again, whilst also being in a big league where he can pit his skills against other top managers

And to top it off, Liverpool have Klopp, who I'm sure he'd like to get one over on

Seriously, we would mesh together really well

It's honestly worth a go. The least the club could do is sound him out over it. We have a DoF to sign players anyway, so the fact he has a World Cup to focus on isn't that much of a detriment

We need to believe this could happen, because I honestly think it could

That last bit isn't true. I'll only run onto the pitch with my daughter in my arms, trying to punch Bolasie if we're not 4-0 up by the 89th minute! If we are indeed 4-0 up by then, I return home to eat roasted dolphin garnished with puffins as a nice treat.

I think Silva is far from a certainty tbh. After initial reports yesterday I can certainly see the news going quiet and the bookies odds start drifting as we interview candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.