Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't rubbish like this happen with sportspesa too where they made the club look foolish etc. Hope you're right mate! If we do win something they'll be lining up to make our tops

I think Sportspesa took the piss during the deal. I think this is something that's been found jusy on the website mate so even though it looks bad, ain't directed at us (even though it is in a grim kind of way)

It doesn't make the club look like anything really. They havn't even made a kit for us yet...

I mean they did make Real Madrid's kits in the past too. Rangers are hardly losers either...

They do go for many underdog teams though, that's right.
Didnt know about the Madrid! Let's hope we're as successful in a Hummel kit

Are these supposed to be a leak? Nice looking if so

EYuiJfSXsAEz0Jp.jpeg

Trolling? not in the slightest. BK has no reason to still be at the club and i find it hard to believe he sits there saying nothing. You go on about record sponsorship deals, yes they might be bigger than what we had before but they are miles away from where we actually need to be. Ancelotti's best days are behind him now imo although IF we back him properly it might be interesting to see what could happen, but i honestly don't see us winning anything under him

I don’t really disagree with any of that, but you said we market ourselves as plucky little Everton.

I just don’t see that any more - if anything, we’ve adopted a far more ruthless and business like demeanour.

Ancelotti may not be in his prime (questionable IMO), but there is absolutely zero chance Kenwright would have signed him up.

The commercial deals we’ve landed are not as lucrative as the top 6, but that’s not because we’re being plucky, it’s because we don’t have their commercial pull. However we’re generating far more income than in the BK years and there is progress towards a commercial vision.

Trolling? not in the slightest. BK has no reason to still be at the club and i find it hard to believe he sits there saying nothing. You go on about record sponsorship deals, yes they might be bigger than what we had before but they are miles away from where we actually need to be. Ancelotti's best days are behind him now imo although IF we back him properly it might be interesting to see what could happen, but i honestly don't see us winning anything under him

Wow what a depressing post this is.

What gives you the impression Ancelotti is finished?

Record sponsorship? You look at the sponsorship tables and then look back and think? “Hang on... those pesky reds get £75m a year, this is blue bills fault”.

End of the day, teams in the “Top 6” are the most exposed teams and they have been that way for a minimum of 10 years.
Back when we Spurs signed their deal with Mansion in about 2007, we were a couple of mill off them with Chang, that was poor on our behalf, but was £1-2m.

Since then they’ve had regular Champions League participation, Made the final and have the lure of being a London club.

we’ve not been in Europe for 3 seasons, why do we command £30m which Spurs do? Simple we don’t.

If we back Ancelotti and break the monopoly, which could happen due to COVID (personally feel Spurs and Arsenal are most vulnerable), then we’ve got exactly that chance, but we’ve got to prove we’re worth £30m a year with regular European qualification and good marketing. I believe marketing is better, and we’ll see how we do with results once this dies out.

Wow what a depressing post this is.

What gives you the impression Ancelotti is finished?

Record sponsorship? You look at the sponsorship tables and then look back and think? “Hang on... those pesky reds get £75m a year, this is blue bills fault”.

End of the day, teams in the “Top 6” are the most exposed teams and they have been that way for a minimum of 10 years.
Back when we Spurs signed their deal with Mansion in about 2007, we were a couple of mill off them with Chang, that was poor on our behalf, but was £1-2m.

Since then they’ve had regular Champions League participation, Made the final and have the lure of being a London club.

we’ve not been in Europe for 3 seasons, why do we command £30m which Spurs do? Simple we don’t.

If we back Ancelotti and break the monopoly, which could happen due to COVID (personally feel Spurs and Arsenal are most vulnerable), then we’ve got exactly that chance, but we’ve got to prove we’re worth £30m a year with regular European qualification and good marketing. I believe marketing is better, and we’ll see how we do with results once this dies out.
Also how does a manager be finished not like he's on kicking the ball about. As long as his mind is sound and he's a decent squad to work with then anythings possible.

Also how does a manager be finished not like he's on kicking the ball about. As long as his mind is sound and he's a decent squad to work with then anythings possible.
The key is to let him get a decent squad together , he’s won the double in the PL and said he wanted to come back here , he also did say in a roundabout way how could he fail as he reeled off the Chelsea players he inherited . He obviously likes the league and hopefully he will get the tools to make us competitive .

Status
Not open for further replies.