Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will make more money with Nike than New Balance.

Upfront its only 30 million compared to the 45 million via New Balance.

But its the global reach and amount of shops Nike have compared to New Balance.

They will have to radically increase sales then, in the midst of a global recession.

Does it matter though? I mean there’s only so much you can do with a kit really isn’t there? Personally Hummel might suit my tastes because they seem to keep things pretty simple in the main which is how I like my Everton kits.

But looking at their website its not like all their teams have their own bespoke kits. That Ayr one someone has just posted is this years Oldham kit in white. Middlesbrough and charlton basically have the same kit only boro’s has a white band in the middle while charlton’s white is under the arm instead.

I think we should just be happy we’re getting More money and stop pretending there are loads of other upsides, because there aren’t really.

I couldn't care less about kit design. I have long since stopped buying kits, but it's my dads annual birthday present for me. I wear it to 5 a side and to run in.

Theoretically we will get a better design, but it's a less cool company. If you want like Nike or Adidas gear then you won't get it. I like Adidas stuff, but in truth the stuff they would do for us won't be any good.

Aside from quality though of shirts though, as a business relationship it makes sense to me. We are a challenger brand, and we probably need to try and work with other challenger brands. The hope will be that Fanatics starts to deliver too.

I couldn't care less about kit design. I have long since stopped buying kits, but it's my dads annual birthday present for me. I wear it to 5 a side and to run in.

Theoretically we will get a better design, but it's a less cool company. If you want like Nike or Adidas gear then you won't get it. I like Adidas stuff, but in truth the stuff they would do for us won't be any good.

Aside from quality though of shirts though, as a business relationship it makes sense to me. We are a challenger brand, and we probably need to try and work with other challenger brands. The hope will be that Fanatics starts to deliver too.
Although I like adidas stuff (not really fond of most stuff nike do) I wouldn't call it 'cool.' I say this on the basis that absolutely everyone wears it.

Surely 'cool' is rarer more niche stuff.

Although I like adidas stuff (not really fond of most stuff nike do) I wouldn't call it 'cool.' I say this on the basis that absolutely everyone wears it.

Surely 'cool' is rarer more niche stuff.

Yes probably! I like their stuff though, I suppose some of it is personal taste.

Yeah, same. I’m just playing devils advocate really but I just don’t see why ‘the stuff They did for us wouldn’t be any good’. It’s all subjective obviously, but if I look at the bundesliga I’d say the likes of eintracht Frankfurt and Augsburg have nicer looking (Nike) kits than Freiburg, who have Hummel. You’d think Freiburg would be much higher in the Hummel portfolio than those two are in Nike’s, so I’m not sure that there’s any real merit in suggesting they’ll make us a better kit because we’re their biggest club.

With good marketing from Everton and Hummel, friendly tournaments and friendlies v their South Korean and Japanese teams, they ve 5 or 6 in USA so send our u23s with womens over there etc ! A tour in Germany, France and/or Denmark! Little by little get the name Everton out ;-)

Please no chevrons
No collars
Round necks
And amber and blue away

I would be surprised if at least one of the kits didn't have chevrons, it's a massive part of their brand, like the 3 stripe for adidas
And I think it would be quite dull if all of the kits they made over the next 3 seasons had no collars, round necks and we always had Amber and blue away kits

Status
Not open for further replies.