Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only ultra posh people would have had colour back then.

Think our first colour tv was about the time of the 1970 World cup. As for being posh, it had a slot machine built in the back of the tv, which had quite a bit of oil cloth around the coins, which made it very much cheaper to run. Never quite forgot the quizzical look on the guys face when he first emptied the box and how my parents vanished from the room. :)

Think our first colour tv was about the time of the 1970 World cup. As for being posh, it had a slot machine built in the back of the tv, which had quite a bit of oil cloth around the coins, which made it very much cheaper to run. Never quite forgot the quizzical look on the guys face when he first emptied the box and how my parents vanished from the room. :)
Ha Ha.

I think we had ours just after the next world cup.

I seem to remember by the mid-70s nearly all homes had washing machines, fridges, freezers and colour tellies.

Ha Ha.

I seem to remember by the mid-70s nearly all homes had washing machines, fridges, freezers and colour tellies.

And loads of debt. lol A Bendix twin tub, or so the missus just said.:oops: Remember the fridge freezer being gas and the pilot light at the bottom continually going out !

Ha Ha.

Come to think of it, I may have got that mixed up it may have been the 1974 world cup, my bad, the bit about the oil cloth placed over the coins is definitely right though.

Selfishly I wish we went for Under Armour. The brand is huge in the Baltimore, DC, Northern VA area and we could become a well known team over here simply by having them stock are stuff. I don't know what their interest level is since Spurs binned them off but I see it as clearly better than Hummel. Even if the kits look crap.

And loads of debt. lol A Bendix twin tub, or so the missus just said.:oops: Remember the fridge freezer being gas and the pilot light at the bottom continually going out !
Ha Ha.

When you say 'fridge freezer' are you talking about a fridge with an ice box at the top?

Selfishly I wish we went for Under Armour. The brand is huge in the Baltimore, DC, Northern VA area and we could become a well known team over here simply by having them stock are stuff. I don't know what their interest level is since Spurs binned them off but I see it as clearly better than Hummel. Even if the kits look crap.

I think Under Armour is step up from Nike and is well regarded in fashion forums. I'd wouldn't write off Hummer. Their designs for St Pauli look pretty cool.

Who's arsed, really?

It's a football shirt. Unless you're

1) a professional footballer
2) an academy member
3) under 15

You have no business getting over-agitated about kit manufacturers, the product isn't fir you anyway.

If hummel pay more than Umbro it's fine by me.
It's a meaningful branding tool and given our brand is currently on par with West Ham we might want to work on improving that. It helps to have more money in football.

Back on subject, love them concept shirts, the blue and the Amber especially. They would beat all the Umbro ones all ends up, plus they may even be brought out on time. A novel thought for umbro, I know.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.