'Howard's Way' Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, but not many of us on this forum are old enough to have been at the games in the HC time. Fortunately for me I was and there for the HK time.

One of the problems is that there is not much decent footage of the games back then for folk to see for themselves.
Cattericks team's of the late 60s have plenty of archive footage to them. The youtube video celebrating the 69/70 title win underlines that.

The problem isn't sources, it's indifference at the club or a lack of confidence in projecting the club's great teams.

Look at the way Revie was hailed for the Leeds team - they won as much as Catterick's teams.

Cattericks team's of the late 60s have plenty of archive footage to them. The youtube video celebrating the 69/70 title win underlines that.

The problem isn't sources, it's indifference at the club or a lack of confidence in projecting the club's great teams.

Look at the way Revie was hailed for the Leeds team - they won as much as Catterick's teams.

Pity there has not been anyone to collate the footage like in Howard's way and interview those players still surviving from that time or use old interview films.

Really enjoyed it. Great to hear from the likes of psycho and alan Harper.cant remember them ever being interviewed. Seeing Colin Harvey's reaction to Howard's death moved me to tears.the two great men were obviously very close.

Pity there has not been anyone to collate the footage like in Howard's way and interview those players still surviving from that time or use old interview films.

Dave, I have downloaded the video of the 69/70 champonship, I could start a thread "Harry Cattericks Way" and add to it a bit more footage from Youtube. What do you think?

Does anyone know where I can buy this DVD either in store today/tomorrow or online that offers next day delivery? I know it's on streaming platforms but my Dad is a bit of a dinosaur and would probably prefer an actual DVD for Fathers Day

PS yes I am a terrible son and have left it late
I bought mine off amazon mate

A little bit off topic here, but on the subject of tv recordings or otherwise, I have never seen any such recordings of Latchford's 30th goal against Chelsea.
Is there anything out there?

Watched it for the first time and thought it was absolutely brilliant. Even if you´re born in 1990 like me you´re aware of all the big moments from that era, it was just great to see everything in one place and relived by the legends that created them. Heath´s goal at Highbury stuck out for me, couldn´t help but look at the scenes that followed and feel envy at not witnessing it.

Another thing that struck me is how likable the squad was. I could imagine sitting in a pub with them talking all night long. I look at the current group we´ve got and it´s completely different. That´s in general across all teams in the modern game though, most of the players just seem so far removed from the realities of everyday life.

You can only hope and pray we get back to those days. There are huge doubts about that but I guess there weren´t too many optimistic Evertonians leaving Goodison the day we got snotted by that lot 5-0.

A little bit off topic here, but on the subject of tv recordings or otherwise, I have never seen any such recordings of Latchford's 30th goal against Chelsea.
Is there anything out there?
Sorry mate, I was at the game, there was no TV cameras there that day

Me too. I know things were a bit different those days with regards tv limitations, and yes the cameras weren't ther that day.
I wondered if there was any private footage or anything Granada might have filmed.
On the day itself I honestly thought his chance had gone even though we'd put four past them at the time. For once the Everton curse had a day off, and the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.