'Howard's Way' Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did/do we not get the recognition for that side? A few things: the European ban, the fact that football was losing its following because of hooliganism and economic recession, and for me the number one reason -- missing out on the domestic double (and hence a treble) by losing the Cup Final against a 10 Man Utd, having had to play the final in 100 degree temperatures just 3 days after winning the ECCW Cup. If we'd have won that game not even the pro-Red and Sky punters could have forgotten us.

Why did/do we not get the recognition for that side? A few things: the European ban, the fact that football was losing its following because of hooliganism and economic recession, and for me the number one reason -- missing out on the domestic double (and hence a treble) by losing the Cup Final against a 10 Man Utd, having had to play the final in 100 degree temperatures just 3 days after winning the ECCW Cup. If we'd have won that game not even the pro-Red and Sky punters could have forgotten us.

So true. Thought about the What if!! treble and if we would have received the recognition for it. I still look at the fixtures in the last couple of months of that season.
April 3rd, 6th, 10th ECWC SF, 13th FA Cup SF, 16th, 20th, 24th, 27th then a full week till May 4th, 6th League won, 8th, 11th, 15th ECWC Final, 18th FA Cup Final, 23rd Derby match. That is a daunting fixture list by any standard and no break between the ECWC Final and FA Cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.