'Howard's Way' Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every personality on that clip, every moment gives you hope, makes you smile and proud to be an evertonian.

This current shower of gutless gloryless players/management make me want to weep.

We are stuck in the past. Cringed at HT when it came on after that knobhead of a first half.

Just imo.

Don't think we are stuck in the past just that it is nice to embrace the past. What have Everton ever had shown on TV or Film that recognises our history?
If Dixie had played for Man Utd or Liverpool there would have been Movies, Documentaries and the whole world would have heard of him. I am seriously looking forward to this.

Dont forget you will never know where you are today without understanding your past. We may not be as successful as other clubs BUT we are respected as a proper football club, despite Blue Bill and what he has been not just party too but driven! Little Everton fighting above our weight. We were arguably the biggest of the big six fifty years ago.

This is great. People need reminding of where we have been and why so many of us older supporters will always regard us as a massive club with a very proud history and it was not that long ago in the great scheme of things.
Of course, modern viewpoints and perceptions were born in the premier league era, as though football did not exist prior to this. Nothing wrong in presenting a history lesson.

Why did/do we not get the recognition for that side? A few things: the European ban, the fact that football was losing its following because of hooliganism and economic recession, and for me the number one reason -- missing out on the domestic double (and hence a treble) by losing the Cup Final against a 10 Man Utd, having had to play the final in 100 degree temperatures just 3 days after winning the ECCW Cup. If we'd have won that game not even the pro-Red and Sky punters could have forgotten us.
I totally agree with that mate but it is not just that 85 side that is almost airbrushed from football history. Harry Catterick never gets a mention at all when it comes to great british managers as well. It is obvious looking at our history that we are very insular & never been good at selling ourselves. We love telling ourselves all our firsts & other facts but don't sell it to everyone else. That mid 80s side was tremendous, what I would give to see us compete like that again

Status
Not open for further replies.