Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloris for 8m is bargain of the century for Spurs.

If it wasn't the London factor that lured him in I don't see why he'd have rejected us had we looked at him.

He's absolutely superb imo. Howard needs replacing.

There are 3.5 million in add ons with that. And the French number one isn't coming to a team not playing in Europe.

He's not playing anyway atm, Friedel is ahead of him.

Well, that's his own problem, he went there thinking he was the number 1. I just think it's ridiculous to suggest that 1. we'd spend that much on a keeper and 2. he'd want to come here.

Well, that's his own problem, he went there thinking he was the number 1. I just think it's ridiculous to suggest that 1. we'd spend that much on a keeper and 2. he'd want to come here.

Didn't think Mirallas would have chose us over Arsenal but we all know how that turned out.

Can't really imagine who we could get for decent money that would be as good. All of the English crop before Hart have thrown away their chances with the same kind of blunders; Green, Robinson, James, Carson, Foster etc. The current top list in the EPL is made up of some very expensive goalkeepers, and I'd rather we have a stable goalkeeper, like Tim Howard, than throw cash at a position where I don't really think we need to improve on our 1st choice. We need backup though, and Mucha doesn't look that interested in just being number 2.

I don't really know what would be a good place to look for younger, cheaper alternatives but I'd expect northern europe as the football is more about the aerial battles and command of the area.

Can't really imagine who we could get for decent money that would be as good. All of the English crop before Hart have thrown away their chances with the same kind of blunders; Green, Robinson, James, Carson, Foster etc. The current top list in the EPL is made up of some very expensive goalkeepers, and I'd rather we have a stable goalkeeper, like Tim Howard, than throw cash at a position where I don't really think we need to improve on our 1st choice. We need backup though, and Mucha doesn't look that interested in just being number 2.

I don't really know what would be a good place to look for younger, cheaper alternatives but I'd expect northern europe as the football is more about the aerial battles and command of the area.

Frasier Forrester has done really well for Celtic this season. John Ruddy has really impressed me this season in a poor Norwich team.

Yeah, but neither of them would likely come to us without, more or less, guarantees of a starting berth. There's always an issue with keepers like Ruddy who are involved throughout most of the game coming to a club where the tempo will be more sporadic for them. In retrospect though, how stupid were we to let Ruddy go.

I think Scandinavia might be a good shout, there are a few good ones. I know Pär Hansson in Helsingborg is touted as an up-and-coming keeper, but from what I saw in the Europa League he got caught out of position a couple of times.

I tell you what. Howard may have a few missteps in the course of a season...but this guy is ridiculous when he plays for the US.
Lights out.

I tell you what. Howard may have a few missteps in the course of a season...but this guy is ridiculous when he plays for the US.
Lights out.

As an American and supporter of Everton since before Howard arrived, I've seen plenty of him for both. Across his career with both he's fairly consistent, occasional mistakes, beaten from range, incredible saves. I've heard Americans yell at me during games why my boy Howard can't play for the national team like he does for Everton. It cuts both ways.

Don't think the criticism about commanding his area is fair. Thought he did a good job of it against Sunderland.

He's not in form right now, but it happens and he'll bounce back. I think competition for positions would really drive him to play at his best. We need to bring in another keeper challenge Howard, I don't think we need to replace him. We should be looking to buy a young keeper to challenge him, not an established veteran.

Had a great game against Russia today though. Seemed like the only positive thing the commentators could say about the US, even though it ended 2-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.