How will we line up against Watford and Burnley (and what will that mean)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s abundantly clear that following a victory the BFS will tinker with the team and make 5 changes. For Watford away its a certainty they get the ‘Geri’s a blue, memorial goal’ start so we will need something to pull back that deficit. Likely he’ll claim Gana’s injury forces him to play Schneiderlin and as he lines up with a. Back 5 and 2 DM’s he’ll probably give Tosun the first 70 minutes of each with absolutely NO service so he can claim he was right to bench the 27M signing all along. He is such a tosser!

Our midfield should consist of Davies, Gana, and either Rooney or Sig. anything else is wrong. The only ones I don’t want to see are Snides and Bolasie. Used to like Yannick, but he drives me crazy now and offers pretty much nothing. Should sell them both this summer. 75% of what we paid would be great.

Win one,lose one,draw both.Points on the board are what count.People can really start to lay into his team selections after we are mathmatically safe (after all that's what he was brought here to do).

I don't think there be any change in selection/tactics from Sam until he is sure we are safe and whilst the consensus is that we are, I imagine he doesn't see it like that.

Not sure if he'll rotate as before but he will set up for a clean sheet and we won't be attacking with all guns blazing for sure.

The frustrating thing is we should have enough to win these games if we went out to win them.

I'd be ok with one win from either game considering our away record. Four points would be great, I would be astounded if we won both.

We will see relatively little tinkering with the side from now onwards I would expect as long as players stay free of injury and suspension.

I think the team against Palace will be the template with Pickford, Keane, Davies, Gueye, Rooney, Sigurdsson and Walcott starting whenever available.
Coleman can be added to that as can Baines but both are coming back from injury and Coleman in particular will not be 100% until next season in my opinion, Bolasie the same.

The areas that we may see change is at centre half and centre forward. Funes Mori, Mangala, Holgate, Williams and Jagielka all competing for a game.

Niasse with Tosun and DCL breathing down his neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.