How will it end with Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Moyes, but he really wont be the next United manager, Jose or Pep will take that role.
Ive always said that depending on how the transfer window and the start of the season going will determine whether Moyes will sign a new contract or that, so with the way its gone, im sure he'll sign a new one before Christmas.

How it ends for Moyes realistically:

He leaves in 5 years time, with Everton mid-table having not won a solitary trophy to take up a position with another mid-table team for a few years before retiring 4 or 5 years later, having pocketed close on £40M in wages off Everton + what money he'd have negotiated from another PL club.

Not a bad return for a manager with a limited amount of talent and total lack of success.

He's playing hard ball to get a better contract come Christmas.

Which is ridiculous, as he's already overpaid.

It would sadden me to see him given a long term contract. I wouldn't mind a two year deal I guess as there's no real alternatives out there right now, but I still say he's tactically clueless and doesn't know how to get a job done on the big occasion - and if he's on a five year contract we'd once again be in the position where we couldn't afford to sack him.

Really??? He's won a lot of games being tactically clueless mate.

BTW, Moyes post match interview:

"I could have been in a better position than this if I'd have picked up the three points against Newcastle".

Answer this question:

Which team would be willing to pay him £4m a year who would also be prepared to hire a manager who has won ZERO trophies and has very little European experience.

Answers on a postcard !

Any team with a dilapidated stadium, ageing team and looking to invest a massive £10m over the course of the decade to challenge at the top end of the league might have a bash.

it could be said he`s going out swinging in the Final Round to impress the judges , i.e trying to Rebrand/change the image of himself and his teams , Resulting in finally getting job offers

[
He will 100% without a shadow of a doubt replace Alex Ferguson.

United to appoint a manager without a trophy to his name or any champions league experience , really ? How will that go down do you reckon ? I just cannot see a club like united taking a chance like that it'd seem insane to me.

Could see him leaving us for Celtic or Rangers in around 5 years time

I'm not even sure Lennon is on £15k a week whereas moyes is on what £65k ? For me for moyes to move to Glasgow at this stage of his professional life wold be financial insanity and career suicide , who are the recent previous Celtic managers ? O'Neill, Strachan & Mowbray so out of the them the only one who has moved to a 'decent' job is O'Neill who after his success at parkhead moved to the heady heights of Villa and now is plying his trade at Sunderland, is that what moyes sees happening ? Rangers are in the 3rd division and not yet top & when they eventually coming back I can't see them ever looking at paying a manager £65k and If we list there previous managers how's rangers been as a stepping stone ? If ,looking at a later post of yours , you mean he may retire there then perhaps but do you think he'll be staying with us another 10 yrs ?

If you think he's not high on the list of a lot of chairmen and owners to manage their club you're being foolish. Brenda Rodgers got the job at the 5 times European cup winners.....other than promotion what's he won and what European experience does he have?

Rodgers baffled the same 'football people' who appointed Dalglish and paid £35m for andy Carroll and frankly they just aren't a champions league team so how big are they anymore really ? I know they are still huge but do they belong in the same company was City, united , arsenal, Chelsea et al ? The 'big clubs' simply haven't looked at him, that's not speculation they've not approached him so maybe they all sit at Spurs or Stamford bridge gazing enviously at moyes but they have not made an approach so maybe that's telling.

I laugh that people think he cares about money, LAUGH.

I know that has to be sarcastic but a manager that negotiates a deal to out himself on £65k & the club forms suffers whilst it 'drags on' is it's probably safe to assume someone who worries about money.

For me moyes has done well and yesterday (even this year generally) we've looked as good as ever under him, sharp and exciting but even moyes this morning on MOTD casually mentioned we 'finsh where we are expected to' . Now I'm paraphrasing that but that was the premise , looking at the squad we have been about a 7th or 8th placed side and that's where we've finished. Now moyes has put the squad together so huge credit for that but have the XI overachieved ?

Personally I suspect moyes may well look overseas career wise as otherwise where does he go ? I think and believe its something he's looked at but he'd have to be realistic with his demands. If everton do really well this year and bust the top four or win a trophy then maybe he'll move onto some shortlists but at the minute it seems maybe he's viewed by some at at his level ? To change that perception he perhaps needs to expand his cv

BTW, Moyes post match interview:

"I could have been in a better position than this if I'd have picked up the three points against Newcastle".

Noticed that and wasn't happy. He's slipping into that casual arrogance that seems endemic at the top levels at Goodison.

"Davie told me, you don't need to answer that, you're Bill Kenwright"

He'll go nowhere... He's just brought in a bunch of players and still has some cash left to strengthen cm. As much as no one wants him to go moyes could also possibly be about to have a massive amount of cash to spend if fellaini ends up going.

There's a lot of reasons to keep him here at the moment. Jose or guardiola will end up at utd IMO.

It will end badly, as nearly all relationships do; otherwise they wouldn't end.

But when that day comes we should not forget the huge amount of good work he has done here. Moyes is a class act, but no one is irreplaceable, so I just hope that when the day comes we appoint the right man to take over.

He'll go nowhere... He's just brought in a bunch of players and still has some cash left to strengthen cm. As much as no one wants him to go moyes could also possibly be about to have a massive amount of cash to spend if fellaini ends up going.

If we had a player in his last year of his deal and no comments from either side would you be as confident ? I think it's possible moyes might stay but you seem totally confident , if that's the case why in your opinion hasn't he signed a new deal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.