How to fall in love with Rafael?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't deny most wanted him out and sprayed outside his house. Just glad the chairman knew better than the fans
Kendall was a club legend even if he would’ve been sacked before the glory days it would’ve been a chance worth taking on a true blue.
This is hiring a kopite who’s done bugger all for a decade when there are plenty of other options out there.

Kendall was a club legend even if he would’ve been sacked before the glory days it would’ve been a chance worth taking on a true blue.
This is hiring a kopite who’s done bugger all for a decade when there are plenty of other options out there.
Yes but the fans called for his head. Catterick was attacked. We don't have to like Benitez but we will need to support him if he is to become our manager

Yes but the fans called for his head. Catterick was attacked. We don't have to like Benitez but we will need to support him if he is to become our manager
We don’t need to support him. If he’s to be our manager he will have to do something incredible to win our respect.
You just said yourself, Kendall and Catterick were not being supported and yet they delivered glory…
If anything, maybe not supporting him is the best way to go.

The world has changed...I know what your saying. Sir Howard Kendall signed multiple rs players.

If we win again at the pit and he sticks two fingers up at a packed Kop, then calls them fans of a "small club," I might, just might, warm to him. A bit.

We don’t need to support him. If he’s to be our manager he will have to do something incredible to win our respect.
You just said yourself, Kendall and Catterick were not being supported and yet they delivered glory…
If anything, maybe not supporting him is the best way to go.
and this is how it could work in our favour. He knows he has to win the fans over and the only way that will happen is to deliver. Even if he delivers we still don't have to like him

The world has changed...I know what your saying. Sir Howard Kendall signed multiple rs players.
I don’t even care about the kopite thing in general to be honest that’s just salt in the wounds. I said multiple times I’d have Brendan Rodgers no problem, he’s a modern attack minded coach who has done great things at Leicester and even won them a trophy last season - Rafael has done nothing for ages, he’s past it and tears up to the RS singing their dirge

The possibilty that it could turn sour very very quickly is a real one. If results and expected negative football are poor in the first dozen games it will turn ugly because of who he is. Coupled with he's done virtualy nothing of note for virtualy a decade then its a more than usual risky appointment as it could create a toxic feeling around the club the likes it hasnt seen. If it can turn against an ex Everton player imagine what it will be against this kopite.
This wont go well.

and this is how it could work in our favour. He knows he has to win the fans over and the only way that will happen is to deliver. Even if he delivers we still don't have to like him
I’ll give him one thing, he’s got balls of steel if he does get the job.
He’ll never be loved, no matter what he achieves, but if he leaves the job with our respect then he’ll have really earned it.
I just think this is an unnecessary complication and there were better candidates out there without the baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.