How quiet can Goodison get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take much to ruffle the feathers of some on here. I can assure everyone that I am not a RS. It was just an analysis of why our fans have lost the ability to support the the team these days.It's not just down to Allardyce, it was terrible under Koeman last season. We may have sold 30k season tickets again but the ground may aswell be empty if it's going to stay so silent.

The boisterousness of those crowds serves as a camouflage for the generally pretty turgid style of football on display. The more quiet contemplative crowds you get at places like Goodison is because the minds of the fans are being exercised by the sophisticated subtleties of the football on display. Libraries are quiet because people are intently concentrating on the material around and in front of them. I think Goodison is not dissimilar.

Dude, you're mainlining the sarcasm now. I think you might have a dependency issue here.

It doesn't take much to ruffle the feathers of some on here. I can assure everyone that I am not a RS. It was just an analysis of why our fans have lost the ability to support the the team these days.It's not just down to Allardyce, it was terrible under Koeman last season. We may have sold 30k season tickets again but the ground may aswell be empty if it's going to stay so silent.

Don’t be silly lad, we all know. Just stay and be who you are, we don’t mind.......but just don’t be silly or insulting and you will do fine......

Joined April 10th, Hmmm, what happened that night mate.
Called slippy a legend, behave lad.
Bit strange that you stand at bus stops taking note of what kind of supporters we have, but each to their own.

I think you are strangely separating on pitch performance from off pitch atmosphere it has always been a symbiotic relationship.
If however you require a full choral experience to fully enjoy your football and are likewise unsatisfied by your own solo efforts, you might consider relocation to Crystal Palace. Those chirpy cockneys have recently established something of a reputation for a certain continuous mellifluous cacophony,which may be more to your liking.?
Or if you fancy something a bit more adventurous have you considered Switzerland? More specifically Berne where Young Boys F.C. have as I recall a most excellent choral section . Once you've overcome the language barrier , I'm sure you would shine there and one day you may even progress to be the lad who stands at the front of them all, with his back to the pitch, directing their impressive multi lingual collection of songs and chants.

I think you are strangely separating on pitch performance from off pitch atmosphere it has always been a symbiotic relationship.
If however you require a full choral experience to fully enjoy your football and are likewise unsatisfied by your own solo efforts, you might consider relocation to Crystal Palace. Those chirpy cockneys have recently established something of a reputation for a certain continuous mellifluous cacophony,which may be more to your liking.?
Or if you fancy something a bit more adventurous have you considered Switzerland? More specifically Berne where Young Boys F.C. have as I recall a most excellent choral section . Once you've overcome the language barrier , I'm sure you would shine there and one day you may even progress to be the lad who stands at the front of them all, with his back to the pitch, directing their impressive multi lingual collection of songs and chants.
The atmosphere slowly started going downhill when we seated the Goodison road enclosure in 87 and made it the family enclosure,that should have been in the lower bullens with one foot in the grave crew. Recently making the street end smaller for the disabled section hasn't helped either which should have stayed at the front of the park end.

serveImage.php

No where near as bad as what you’ll find with Tottenham at Wembley or Arsenal or pretty much every Top Flignt English football match. If you know anyone with any serious talent for singing and songwriting encourage them to write some Everton songs.

It was a very poor attempt, but funny nonetheless. We should let him stay really.....
I'm of belief that football forums are not the right forum for brevity*. Football is a serious subject and frivolous humour really has no role to play in discussions around it.

* I meant of course 'levity'...I was just trying to inject a little malapropism humour into proceedings

The atmosphere slowly started going downhill when we seated the Goodison road enclosure in 87 and made it the family enclosure,that should have been in the lower bullens with one foot in the grave crew. Recently making the street end smaller for the disabled section hasn't helped either which should have stayed at the front of the park end.
You kopites know how to treat disabled people right.

Status
Not open for further replies.