How quiet can Goodison get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not just Allardyce even when we were doing well under Martinez the atmosphere was crap. When I had a season ticket in the lower street end about 8 years ago the atmosphere was great on occasion but rubbish for most games, but still not as bad as it is now. I moved seats then gave up my season ticket and only go the game and sit in the Lower Gwaladys and have found the atmosphere to pretty poor even in relatively big games. Last season against Man City was awful, despite the fact we were great on the day. The way I look at it is, there are too many fans in the vocal areas of the ground such as Lower Gwaladys and the Park End who don't get behind the team. In the past there were less women and kids so people felt more comfortable starting chants and making funny shouts, now people are worried about offending people around them. The truth is Everton like many other clubs and to a lesser extent the media love showing fans celebrating wildly, waving flags, bouncing about and letting off smoke bombs, but when anyone suggests any ideas to create a better atmosphere they don't listen. It's quite simply to create a better atmosphere at Goodison, Lower Gwladys should become a Curva, or a Tribune where fans who want to stand up and sing during the game go in. Ticket prices should be no more than £30 in this section. The types of people who sit down and don't sing, who arrive late, go down 10 minutes early for a pint, come back 10 minutes into the second half and leave 10 minutes early can go somewhere else. Honestly the amount of people who would quite happily take these divvies tickets off them and they still abuse it. Some people seem to enjoy those horrible rollover hotdogs more than getting behind the team.
Alot of truths in that statement and I also believe we don't get the right type of fan anymore. LFC have captured the majority of the scouse youth over the last 15 years,due to European success (2001 & 05) and having a legend like Gerrard and those fans now are in their 20s or early thirties. If you look at our support like I do when waiting for the bus home, most of them are bald middle age men (the miserable brigade), snooty sorts from over the water or replica shirt wearing birds.

Alot of truths in that statement and I also believe we don't get the right type of fan anymore. LFC have captured the majority of the scouse youth over the last 15 years,due to European success (2001 & 05) and having a legend like Gerrard and those fans now are in their 20s or early thirties. If you look at our support like I do when waiting for the bus home, most of them are bald middle age men (the miserable brigade), snooty sorts from over the water or replica shirt wearing birds.
Obviously you don’t go to games then, or is it Anfield you visit?

Modern football has changed, people don’t sing and shout about like they used to, it’s indicative of society as a whole.

Oh and we are genuinely terrible too.

Went yesterday, got the 19 bus home .
And how often do you get to the game then? I'm sincerely interested. I'd also like to know what you consider to be the "right type" of fan for us to have. Maybe you should look around Goodison a bit more next time your there because there's loads of younger blues at the match with a passion for the club. It's just a pity loads of them have never seen us win a trophy and have been so bitterly and consistently let down by the club. It os complete and utter B.S however to suggest we lost the bulk of 20 to 30 year old fans to the cult over thr park. Don't confuse tits who really aren't arsed about football until the team they pretend to support wins somthing with actual fans. You talk Liverpool as though they generate a big atmophere week in and week out. Well they don't. Klanfiled is a graveyard most weeks but is noisy for the big games? Quelle Suprise! What do you reckon the atmophere would be like at Goodison (or anywhere for that matter) if we were playing in a champions league quarter and semi final, he'll what do you reckon the atmophere would be like if we had a team that was arsed and occasionally won a big game here and there?!

The legend? Hahahahaha
You're a funny fool

What are you doing?

The mind boggles.

Modern football has changed, people don’t sing and shout about like they used to, it’s indicative of society as a whole.

Oh and we are genuinely terrible too.

I think it is because people don't store up their opinions for matchday any longer.

You can instantly vent on a variety of Everton forums, social media, by WhatsApp to your Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.