How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any prospect of a managerial change and it would most likely be nothing other than a huge risk anyway.

Nothing has fundamentally changed from the period when we couldn't get a decent replacement for Koeman for love nor money and had to go back to Allardyce with cap in hand.

Finances aren't an issue for us to attract the very best but it has been shown over and over that we are simply not on the radar for elite managers. It doesn't make sense to suggest we missed out on some big name simply by not daring to make an approach. Moshiri and Kenwright are in hock with all the big name agents and the names that get thrown their way are, like it or not, seen as fitting for a club of our stature.

Whenever a vacancy arises its always the same bracket of managers that get linked and it isn't difficult to see why.

We can only hope that the next occasion we need to hire we will do so in a methodical way with Brands fully in charge of the process. At any given time, he should have 4 or 5 viable candidates on the tip of his tongue that he thinks are both available, good enough, and realistic for us to pursue.

I'm starting to think the managers aren't the issue with Everton. Both of our previous managers, Koeman and Martinez, are doing fantastic jobs at their new jobs. Marco Silva did a fantastic job in the PL and has a great CV, yet hasn't performed well here so far. It's been proved time and time again, that sacking managers doesn't work at Everton. It works at clubs like Chelsea or Real Madrid, because those clubs already have an existing structure, spine of quality players. The blame isn't just on the manager, but also on the recruitment and DoF at the club.

Yes Marco Silva hasn't performed great but what even are our expectations? 7th? Losing against a good Bournemouth away isn't the end of the world.....we aren't challenging the title or top 4. Our rivals Leicester and Wolves lost.....and West Ham still have to play. We have given Marco Silva all this money to spend....how can we just sack him now? That's basically throwing away all the money we just spent. We must allow Silva to develop an identity and structure at this club. I don't care how long that takes.....as long as we aren't relegated.

I'm starting to think the managers aren't the issue with Everton. Both of our previous managers, Koeman and Martinez, are doing fantastic jobs at their new jobs. Marco Silva did a fantastic job in the PL and has a great CV, yet hasn't performed well here so far. It's been proved time and time again, that sacking managers doesn't work at Everton. It works at clubs like Chelsea or Real Madrid, because those clubs already have an existing structure, spine of quality players. The blame isn't just on the manager, but also on the recruitment and DoF at the club.

Yes Marco Silva hasn't performed great but what even are our expectations? 7th? Losing against a good Bournemouth away isn't the end of the world.....we aren't challenging the title or top 4. Our rivals Leicester and Wolves lost.....and West Ham still have to play. We have given Marco Silva all this money to spend....how can we just sack him now? That's basically throwing away all the money we just spent. We must allow Silva to develop an identity and structure at this club. I don't care how long that takes.....as long as we aren't relegated.

No he didn’t and no he hasn’t.

But thanks for giving me a right old lol

Is it some of the Everton's knee jerk fans?

Not advocating him out, but was astounded by his body language and demeanour today.

Literally couldn’t look less arsed, or willing to gee the team up if he tried

Three qualities you look for in top manager are:
1 - ability to inspire
2 - tactical nous
3 - bravery to make decisions

I do t think he is showing this. I’d like to see him off the bench and impose his will at the team. I’d like to see us come out in the second half and look like a side that have been changed and corrected and looking like a strong unit. And I’d like him to make subs when they are needed not when his alarm goes off on the 65th minute

Its the same mistakes as other managers, why play two defensive midfielders, teams just go round or over the top, which more or less nullified our wide attacks...

And the partnership on the right needs addressing, have not worked out if one has lost that turn of pace since injury or the other is a moody sulky man child

Changing the manager every 5 minutes is not the answer, that team should have won yesterday but for some individual errors.
Certain players should not be near the 1st team, Sniderlain, DCL Coleman and Mina. The problem at the moment is we don’t have the players fit to replace them

Not advocating him out, but was astounded by his body language and demeanour today.

Literally couldn’t look less arsed, or willing to gee the team up if he tried
Yeh, that's the thing that stood out to me the most. It's his style, I know. But it's not a good look when the fans are trying to gee up the team, but the manager has his arms crossed sternly looking at the deck.

Is it some of the Everton's knee jerk fans?

Not quite knee jerk is it? Over the 3 away games we have played away you'd expect us to be able to win at least one of them. The home wins haven't been spectacular either.

Because of this it pretty much maps out the story for this season ahead is more of what we have had. The next 3 away games are again against opposition we should be able to compete with and on paper be the better team, if we fail to pick up results in that run of games then it is only going to get harder.

Judging by Koeman's reign, I don't think that Silva would survive another run like he had last winter.
I think he will be gone before the New Year! Not getting any points away it will be difficult to win every game at home. So we will be in the second half of the table, perhaps even near the relegation places. Moshiri will take action and fire the fraud!

Status
Not open for further replies.