How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much more time, h should have been gone last season, I’m starting to rue him getting them late season good results, that imo saved him his job. But this season he’s already showing the jobs to big for him I hope he’s gone ASAP, keeping him ain’t going to have a happy ending.

I would be really grateful if fans on this forum would let me know what positives the manager has brought to the club since his appointment? I am obviously missing something?

End of the season there needs to be a decision as to whether he has bought himself another season. Martinez had enough credit from his first season to get a third after the poor second one but it was then abundantly clear he could turn it round. Koeman was on a one way mission to relegate us so had to go. If Silva finishes mid table it will be down to the ambition of the board.

I would be really grateful if fans on this forum would let me know what positives the manager has brought to the club since his appointment? I am obviously missing something?
This is a good point, all we ever get is "We cant keep sacking managers" were they saying that towards the end of Koemans and Sams periods of failure?
He has zero going for him

We are not going to about Jose, so no point in getting rid of Silva.

Anyone we would appoint, would be changing like for like.

Well his contract runs out in 2021 so this season and next season, I think I'd be okay giving him that unless he does a Koeman and puts us in relegation, Then the board can do what they see fit.

We really do like a knee jerk reaction don’t we. If some on here were Man City fans they would probably. be calling for Pep to be sacked after City got beat by Norwich!

I'm starting to think the managers aren't the issue with Everton. Both of our previous managers, Koeman and Martinez, are doing fantastic jobs at their new jobs. Marco Silva did a fantastic job in the PL and has a great CV, yet hasn't performed well here so far. It's been proved time and time again, that sacking managers doesn't work at Everton. It works at clubs like Chelsea or Real Madrid, because those clubs already have an existing structure, spine of quality players. The blame isn't just on the manager, but also on the recruitment and DoF at the club.

Yes Marco Silva hasn't performed great but what even are our expectations? 7th? Losing against a good Bournemouth away isn't the end of the world.....we aren't challenging the title or top 4. Our rivals Leicester and Wolves lost.....and West Ham still have to play. We have given Marco Silva all this money to spend....how can we just sack him now? That's basically throwing away all the money we just spent. We must allow Silva to develop an identity and structure at this club. I don't care how long that takes.....as long as we aren't relegated.
It’s not Silva deciding on how much or who we spend it on, the buck lies with Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.