How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you start the season with him, you have to give him a few months before getting rid.

The problem he's got is that the fixture run is ridiculously easy yet we look like we couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

If we get to November/December and start getting walloped by better clubs after failing to pick up points against the leagues cannon fodder, then you'd expect him to be gone by January.

That's the argument for me anyway - not sacking him now, but seeing how easily this could unfold and making sure there's no doubt that if it goes that way, he should be sacked with no defence of him.
Totally agree, after persisting with him until now (start of a new season) it’s basically a clean slate he does need until
Christmas. He’s messed up this season already, we should really have had 9 points from them 3, but are we expecting to much? Look at spurs and Utd at the weekend. But with what’s been invested we should be doing much better.

Totally agree, after persisting with him until now (start of a new season) it’s basically a clean slate he does need until
Christmas. He’s messed up this season already, we should really have had 9 points from them 3, but are we expecting to much? Look at spurs and Utd at the weekend. But with what’s been invested we should be doing much better.

We haven't messed this season up yet - I expected 6 points so far, it's not realistic to avoid every banana skin, so he's only two off schedule really.

But a look at the next few fixtures before things get tough tells you how much of a crunch period it is for him now - Wolves, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, City, Burnley, West Ham and Brighton.

He needs around 14 points bare minimum from that run, because when we hit November and have tricky fixtures like Spurs/Leicester, as well as a nightmare December, then he's in massive trouble if he hasn't built up a buffer and/or some momentum.

I'd have no concerns if we looked even somewhat capable of scoring, but we don't.

We haven't messed this season up yet - I expected 6 points so far, it's not realistic to avoid every banana skin, so he's only two off schedule really.

But a look at the next few fixtures before things get tough tells you how much of a crunch period it is for him now - Wolves, Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, City, Burnley, West Ham and Brighton.

He needs around 14 points bare minimum from that run, because when we hit November and have tricky fixtures like Spurs/Leicester, as well as a nightmare December, then he's in massive trouble if he hasn't built up a buffer and/or some momentum.

I'd have no concerns if we looked even somewhat capable of scoring, but we don't.
The villa game was a mess up, the other 2 were just except able, I What concerned me in the villa game when we went behind, i got the Martinez and Kidman feeling (we ain’t getting back into this) unfortunately I was right, I still see silva as clone to Martinez, I hope he changes my mind soon.

Until the next time he picks Schneiderlin ffs.

Seriously, people need to chill out, 3 bloody games it is, it's very draining reading all the doom and gloom all the time.

Which also had millions spent on it...just different people doing the spending - badly.
I wish Moshiri had come in when Roberto was our Manager can you imagine how he would have spent the cash, and kept players too? maybe? add up how much we have lost in compensation for Him - Koeman walsh fat sam etc etc -
also the duds we have signed either that or replaced Roberto with a decent manager......

I wish Moshiri had come in when Roberto was our Manager can you imagine how he would have spent the cash, and kept players too? maybe? add up how much we have lost in compensation for Him - Koeman walsh fat sam etc etc -
also the duds we have signed either that or replaced Roberto with a decent manager......
He did Joey and sacked him

A better example would've been having this money whilst Moyes was around. That's the closest we've been to the top in my life time over a sustained period. Martinez had lost the plot completely by the time he had to be sacked before the season had even ended.

Im not too bothered how long he gets this season as to sack him would mean our season would be near enough over anyway.

Just hope come next August he's managing Vitoria SC and hopefully takes DCL with him!

3 games into the season. Opinion of neutral observers is that we play football, create chances but cannot convert them. With a ruthless striker, we'd have had 9 points and poss been top.

Status
Not open for further replies.