How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 3 games of the season there are only 4 teams without a defeat and there's 10 teams with 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss so there's hardly any need for panic yet.

We may be a little toothless up front but we've averaged over 60% possession in 3 games which is a massive improvement over previous seasons. As soon as Marco gets Kean in the starting line-up and he gets his confidence going then there's potential for much better performances.

Luckily we have a relatively good opening few games so even with a slow start we could be looking good by Christmas.

Keep the faith.

A win on Friday would have put us top - perjhaps with 3 clean sheets - and yet now some want to fire the coach - definition of assclowns

That all sounds good in black n white. We would only have gone top because we were playing before anyone else and after 3 games a win can put you from mid table to top. We also have eyes. We havent played well in any of the games and none of those fixtures were overly tough. We struggled past watford with a deflected goal and they are sitting bottom after getting turned over easly by everyone else they have played.
Lets not kid ourselves we would have gone top after 3 games is anything at all.
the fixture list thats been handed us at the start we should quite comfortably be top 3 if we had anything about us. I dont think we will be.
As for how much time for silva. Easly another full season but there has to be signs its going in the right direction. Id give any manager a few years if i thought given time they will improve the whole set up.

Wait until the end of the season. Make sure Silva feels the fire, but don’t make an impulsive decision and sack him without an actual replacement lined up. Plot out what is acceptable and make sure he knows it. If he doesn’t reach the goal, sayonara Silva.

That all sounds good in black n white. We would only have gone top because we were playing before anyone else and after 3 games a win can put you from mid table to top. We also have eyes. We havent played well in any of the games and none of those fixtures were overly tough. We struggled past watford with a deflected goal and they are sitting bottom after getting turned over easly by everyone else they have played.
Lets not kid ourselves we would have gone top after 3 games is anything at all.
the fixture list thats been handed us at the start we should quite comfortably be top 3 if we had anything about us. I dont think we will be.
As for how much time for silva. Easly another full season but there has to be signs its going in the right direction. Id give any manager a few years if i thought given time they will improve the whole set up.
Just so we are clear I was not reveling in the glorious opportunity presented to us on Friday, but rather marveling at the nature of GOTdom. Saying we were doing well by going top after three games is almost as bad as suggesting we sack the Coach after the same.

Just so we are clear I was not reveling in the glorious opportunity presented to us on Friday, but rather marveling at the nature of GOTdom. Saying we were doing well by going top after three games is almost as bad as suggesting we sack the Coach after the same.

This forum is what it is. Its mostly the sea is calm or the house is on fire.
I think we are in a bit of trouble unless kean comes in and it changes the style of play a lot and opens up our play. Right now 3 games in and 6 shots on target is abysmal.

I would say a year to get some of these youngsters in the mix and peel off some of the deadwood going through the motions. If floundering not scoring and stuck in the bottom much, much sooner.

Wouldn’t have hired him to start with, would’ve been happy had he gone mid last season.
However, we kept him and let him sign a few players so he deserves the time to bed the players in and sort out his team. 3 games in is not enough to judge him.
Unless things go really wrong very quickly he should be given half a season at least before you can judge how it’s going.

I don't think much of Silva, but I reckon he's got a long way to go before his job is under threat.

I doubt he'd survive another spell like the one he had last winter, though, so it's vital that he makes the most of this fairly easy start to the season.

Let's all get a grip please.

We need continuity and stability, after a significant turnover of managers, in a brief period of time.

Silva presents as our best current option.

I hope we can win one of the domestic cups this year, and finally turn over the RS in a derby game.

Certain players need to step up to the mark soon, otherwise this nonsense will gather pace.
This is it for me, If we have to change managers AGAIN how long will it take him to implement his ideas and get the players he needs to play his way etc? We need to stick with Silva unless it gets really bad and I mean on the brink of relegation bad.

If he starts DCL against Wolves just sack him after the game and if Brands doesn't find a half decent experienced forward in January sack him aswell

Even after only 3 games, there's never a bad time to ask why we are playing shight
I was bemoaning our lack of intensity before Klopp 'invented' it and gave it a fancy germanic name. Rogers was playing it in 2013-14 if not before.

We managed to match them in the 3-3 Derby, early in Martinez's reign, before Moyes's fitness wore off...due to, IMO, Martinez's - Dave Whelan-esque, 'did you know I have a certificate in Physiotherapy'...I've got a driving licence, but nobody in their right mind would let me near a top end rally car, or even a formula 2

Anyway, back to now. System and Players, which comes first?

Have we fallen into the classic Director of Football trap?

Brands seems good at getting 'bargains', but is more required of The Coach than to say - 'you're the coach, 'kin coach them'. With the unspoken - or we'll find somebody who can.

Like **** nearly said...'As soon as I hear the word Philosophy, I reach for the safety catch on my pistol'. Or in modern terms...the Uber app on my phone.

Is Silva part of the solution or the problem, 3 games maybe a tad early to see. But there's going to be a lot more than 39,000 looking to see if he can find a (Winning) system that fits the players he has.

And Lincoln would be a good place to start, nobody is burnt out, so nobody needs resting, if anything they're all under done.

The rest of the season starts here...and it would be good if it ended once, if not twice, at Wembley. Martinez got the sack for losing 2 semi finals. Silva would get cheeered to the echo...That's how shight we are and its NOT too early to say it.

Any of this oft quoted Footballing Einsteinism of repeating your actions - and its Pistol, 5 letters, starts with 'L', rhymes with Uber' time, aka the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.