How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebus....that went south every quirkly...
Give the man a chance, he's not had the best of starts with injuries alone. 3 years minimum for me...I like him.

End of the season as a fanfare. A cup win "any cup bar full members" and a top eight finish would be the lever for a long term relationship.

All the managers between him and Moyes would have been gone last season when we had that bad run, I think the way we got him in with the Watford hassle etc, the board didn’t act as it would have looked embarrassing. But I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him gone in the summer, but that late good run at the end of the season gave him a reprieve, I personally think he should have gone. He may come good but I wouldn’t put money on it.

Jebus....that went south every quirkly...
Give the man a chance, he's not had the best of starts with injuries alone. 3 years minimum for me...I like him.
He’s had one season and didn’t even get us 7th, for me that was the bare minimum. He’s clueless when things aren’t going well no plan B. Our play formation etc is much the same as the ones who failed before him (not Moyes) he’s a bottom 10 manager managing what should be a top 6 club. I don’t have much faith in him, but if he comes good I’ll be happy as I’m an Everton fan.

All the managers between him and Moyes would have been gone last season when we had that bad run, I think the way we got him in with the Watford hassle etc, the board didn’t act as it would have looked embarrassing. But I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him gone in the summer, but that late good run at the end of the season gave him a reprieve, I personally think he should have gone. He may come good but I wouldn’t put money on it.

If you start the season with him, you have to give him a few months before getting rid.

The problem he's got is that the fixture run is ridiculously easy yet we look like we couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

If we get to November/December and start getting walloped by better clubs after failing to pick up points against the leagues cannon fodder, then you'd expect him to be gone by January.

That's the argument for me anyway - not sacking him now, but seeing how easily this could unfold and making sure there's no doubt that if it goes that way, he should be sacked with no defence of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.