How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas for me, but we need to stay looking top 6 candidate. There are things you can give him credit for last season, but after the backing he has no excuses, and to come out with the verbal crap he has is worrying.

Got to give a him full season to get this team playing how he wants, although more performances like last night will do him no favours. Wolves next weekend will be a real test of where we are in this league.

I was never keen on Silva appointment, I never really thought he was a very good manager. But I think in the main we have a good squad but there still looks some confidence issues in the team, Sigs and Richarlison to name 2, also striker is a big problem, but Kean my solve that and Iwobi did look decent when he came on. Get a system sorted up front we could do very well. What I don’t get is why some players keep starting every game when they are clearly not good enough or not performing as good as they can do, Richarlison could be fatigue he had a busy summer, but for me Sigs is only playing at about 50% of his ability and the same old question why does DCL keep getting starts.

The sheer amount of bed wetting from our older supporters.

We're not a top side, we haven't been since the 1980s. Not going to change overnight.
it’s probably not going to change with Silva in charge, but it may just click the board have been patient with him imo he would have gone last season. That end of season run has earth him time, but how long?

Threads like this are an embarrassment tbh. Knee jerk nonsense.
Which may or may not be true...
Do you just accept mediocrity or say, lets give him time to get it right . Which will lead to a repeat (if you're lucky) of last season....which brings you back to mediocrity

Knee jerk it is then - what else is there

it’s probably not going to change with Silva in charge, but it may just click the board have been patient with him imo he would have gone last season. That end of season run has earth him time, but how long?

They invested in the areas that he wanted investment in. They obviously believe he's the right man to take the club forward. We can't keep sacking managers after a bad run, especially when the general improvement has been there.

We're not a top club. We don't have the finances to be a top club. All we can reasonably expect is for us is to be competitive.

3 poor displays. That last night was as bad as anything at the depths of the Koeman era. Didn’t look like the players knew what they were supposed to be doing. I fully expect that villa team to be relegated bottom. They were like a pub team.
Silva stood there clueless. He should have changed things before half time, let alone at half time.
When the changes came, he took off our biggest threat.

The man is clearly out of his depth.
Low quality bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.