How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolf Hucker

Player Valuation: £30m
3 poor displays. That last night was as bad as anything at the depths of the Koeman era. Didn’t look like the players knew what they were supposed to be doing. I fully expect that villa team to be relegated bottom. They were like a pub team.
Silva stood there clueless. He should have changed things before half time, let alone at half time.
When the changes came, he took off our biggest threat.

The man is clearly out of his depth.

3 poor displays. That last night was as bad as anything at the depths of the Koeman era. Didn’t look like the players knew what they were supposed to be doing. I fully expect that villa team to be relegated bottom. They were like a pub team.
Silva stood there clueless. He should have changed things before half time, let alone at half time.
When the changes came, he took off our biggest threat.

The man is clearly out of his depth.

It wasn't though

We actually played football, looked like a team, just didn't capitalise and got sucker punched with some poor displays.

We were just a mess under Koeman

Unless the season looks like it’s completely dire i.e. a bottom half finish, I’d just give him until the end of the season and then fire him.

He’s got no excuses for not finishing 7th as a bare minimum.

Brands did let him down in the Summer, but we’ve got better squads than the likes of Palace and Villa and still can’t beat trash teams like them away from home.

The worry is he is completely deluded. Not a good sign.
I don’t think he is at all. That’s one of the things I like about him actually, he’s quite honest. Martinez would have said we were phenomenal last night, and only lost because of bad luck in the moment. Silva quite openly said it wasn’t good enough but we probably still did enough to expect a better result. I agree with him. He did the same last season too.

We have to give him time till we see his preferred 11 in the team and then we can judge. Right now what could cost him so the lack of replacement gana and Zomua. Can we really blame silva for this?

What is Silva first 11 if everyone is fit and ready to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.