How much can we really spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not angry. Just confused.

You said this -

In a ITKish way with no source stated.

Then only later demurred on your (very tenuous) sources.

According to your own weasel criteria you seem quite weaselish. Just wanted to make sure there was no double standard at play.

I know you're confused mate but please stop getting so angry. It was just a podcast

People bang on about net spend as if it's important..

And they are correct. Net spend equals trophies. Simple as that.
net-bag-favors-trophies-6-011179740321.jpg

Every season for the last decade we have only spent whatever we have brought in. I.e. If we sell players for 50m that's usually what we spend bringing in. Sometimes even a net profit!

Every years same old top names linked and hope.. but it all ends in dissapointment. I love how some fans forget and keep hoping!

I think the obstacle is not the money - we have that - it's that many players don't want to move to northwest England to play for a middling premier league team.

As opposed to how much we WILL spend, with the FFP rules in place, how much CAN we spend this summer? I know we would all love for Moshiri to go on a huge spending spree, but is that realistic? Is net spend linked to turnover or is there a more complicated equation? I remember last year some people talking about how we could spend very little unless we sold John Stones and it was something to do with turnover vs wages or something.
So how much can we spend?
Bluerooms podcast (Esk&co) was educating peeps on this matter. I recommed to listen it.
What I remember about it basically transfer fees arent actually very meaningfull innit but wages are.
Theres many things that have an effect to it -how much we can spend- but ultimately it's pretty straight forward.
Im not actually sure if I remember right but I think esk said we could without a worry spend around £30-50m(in wages).
We are in very good position and fair play rules arent restricting us at all would be my summary after listening that

I think the obstacle is not the money - we have that - it's that many players don't want to move to northwest England to play for a middling premier league team.

Agree with this point . Every club that is in next years PL is cash rich in a way that's going to hurt Everton.

The very top end players are unlikely at present to see Everton as a relestic destination so those circa £50 million players aren't realistic or indeed likely

You then have the circa £40million players these may be possible but the question is what are you going to have to pay the players to attract them . What will sell the club to them as opposed to say the top 5?

Then you hit the circa £30 million players again if they are wanted by an established top 5 club you will have to gazump the wages. Very costly

Below that level just about any PL club can afford the odd player in this bracket so it's again wages but also these players will want certain guarentees particularly about how the club will re act if in the future a club like say City come in for them.

I persaonally don't think it's just about the spend its more about getting quality in and that's not guaranteed when you spend big.

Bluerooms podcast (Esk&co) was educating peeps on this matter. I recommed to listen it.
What I remember about it basically transfer fees arent actually very meaningfull innit but wages are.
Theres many things that have an effect to it -how much we can spend- but ultimately it's pretty straight forward.
Im not actually sure if I remember right but I think esk said we could without a worry spend around £30-50m(in wages).
We are in very good position and fair play rules arent restricting us at all would be my summary after listening that

I don't think many clubs have too much an issue with FFP but those clubs that finished in the top 6 have even fewer concerns. Yes Everton are in a good position but when you start to factor in the top players are looking at £10 million or thereaboutsayear that puts a whole different perspective on matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.