How do we line up?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if we sign anyone else by then really. We'll probably go with a 4-2-3-1 formation though like we did for most of last season.

?????????????

C?

tumblr_my8oek4nBZ1qgghb8o4_r2_250.gif

I think we will play a 4-3-3 with Rooney through the center and Sigurdsson and Sandro on the wings. Then Gueye, Davies and Klassen will be the two attacking midfielders rotating depending on the game/injuries etc. Besic, Schneiderlin, Barry and McCarthy (although I think we will sell one) as the DM.

I can't see us playing 3 at the back much unless we buy another CB and RB.

That's not a bad team. It does lack a play maker/someone to beat their man and a RB but it's a team that will defend from their front and midfield and will be quite solid.

The big question is whether the rumours of a big target guy eg Giroud/Benteke are real and how he would fit in. I'm not sure they are but Koeman has liked to play with one in the past.

just throwing this out there

------------- Pickford -------------
---Keane -- Williams -- Besic ----
Kenny----------------------Baines
------------Schneiderlin-----------
---Klaassen--Rooney--Lookman--
---------------Sandro--------------

(i was never very good at football manager)

just throwing this out there

------------- Pickford -------------
---Keane -- Williams -- Besic ----
Kenny----------------------Baines
------------Schneiderlin-----------
---Klaassen--Rooney--Lookman--
---------------Sandro--------------

(i was never very good at football manager)

Even if he doesn't start, I'm glad you've put Lookman in there. Until Bolasie and Coleman come back our team is seriously one paced and Lookman hopefully can change that.

Pickford​
Holgate Keane Williams​
Lennon Schneiderlin Gana Baines
Rooney​
Sandro / Striker

From: Gueye, Klaassen, Mori, Bolasie, Walcott, Mirallas, Martina, Kenny, Davies, DCL, Lookman, Steklenburg, Barry, Garbutt(someone has to give Baines a chop out at left back / left wing back no way he can play twice a week), Jagielka, Besic.

Inj: Mori, Coleman, Bolasie

Incredible squad we've assembled. Add a 15G a year striker and someone pacey out wide and we've literally got one of the best squads in the premiership. What a time to be a blue.

e: Got Lennon starting as I think he suits a 3-5-2 well. No doubt we won't be playing a 3-5-2 but it certainly means we will get the best out of Rooney, Gana, Snides. It means Holgate and Williams aren't exposed and means Sandro is played next to a target man. Based off that we still need another CB as well.

Pickford
Kenny kean williams baines
Schneiderlin klaassen
Sigurdsson
Rooney giroud sandro

Got a strange feeling that gana will be dropped. Hopeing we can stop using two cdm's when we are up against teams we should beat. Bring him back for city the week after.

Given the number of midfield players he's going to have to keep happy I think RK will play 3-5-1-1. That will allow him to play 5 MFs (Schneiderlein, Gueye, Davies, Sygurdsson, and Klaessen) plus Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.