How did you see the game as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either on my dads shoulders or if he coulnt be arsed carrying a fat lump like me about, i got slung into the boys oen, where i did my spiderman impression by climbin up the wire fencing that boxed the pen in. That meant i actually got to see a goal every now and then!

Once i was old enough to be proper feral, i used to ask the old boys to bunk me in on the turnstile, you would get on your hands and knees and crawl,in while they asked the man on the gate who the next match was against to distract them! Once you were through you were on your one and had to sprint into the crowd to escape :)

From around 1963 my dad would take me, via dropping the guy a few bob on the turnstile, in the Upper Bullens.

Then went with mates into the Boy's Pen in the upper corner of the Gwlady's street.

Stood on the Gwlady's street for many years, and now sitting down in the Upper Gwlady's.

Hoping I live long enough to take my seat in the Tony Bellew stand at Bramley Docks.

Last 20 minutes like a scruff we had no shame do the kids still do it
I did that all the time, atmosphere was great, back then I told my dad " I wont bother watching everton lift another trophy today, I will go next year", I still cry myself to sleep even today.

Learning boss swear words, "don't repeat that in front of yer mother or she won't let us go!" Arl fellas advice well noted

Me and my cousin used to stand on a beer crate we would take in to the enclosure. First full season was when Bobby Latchford scored his 30 goals. After that we went in lower bullens as you could get kids season tickets cheap there.

Had it far too easy as a kid. Dad had season tickets for the 500 club. Had a lot more fun though once I was old enough to go stand on the Gwladys.

Status
Not open for further replies.