How did you come to be an Evertonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton were (are) popular in Ireland too - My dad passed away in 1992 but in 1990 he took me to Musgrave park to watch a star studded Everton win 4:0

It was the first time I was at a big match and I remember the crowd, it was absolutely bonkers - I think about 15,000 people watched it. They played in Musgrave park which was used for Rugby but was the biggest ground at the time for a fixture like that.

The Everton players back then were proper players not like the over paid wasters we have on our books of late - Cottee and Sheedy got 2 each on that day I think

Slightly off the subject, but I did not know where else to put this. Is it not good to be an Evertonian when you see the RS manager making a spectacle of himself as he did at Brighton today. Hopefully he will get a heavy fine for abusing the officials. His constant whining is a feature of this season. Quote "we may not finish the season with 11 players". It gets better and better.

Growing up in Bootle in the 70’s the vast majority of the school class supported Liverpool. They were winning everything then.
Just to be different I supported Everton.
Ever since I’ve always stuck up for the underdog and boy we were totally.
Best decision I ever made. If we were a non league team or relegated to the lower league I’d still rather be an Evertonian than support that scum across the park. And a bitter one at that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.