Homepage Article Horrorshow

Status
Not open for further replies.
These players conceding a goal and giving in like they do is the worst I've seen. It's not even a 10 minute head drop and sulk they literally throw their toys out the pram. Massive task to turn this around it's worrying.

Saturday did not really surprise me one bit.

Years of trudging to Goodison now, with no anticipation or excitement.

The Watford debacle was a new low, but we can go lower.

It felt more than 'just one of them'. It's probably the worst defensive display i've seen. Certainly in person.

I'd drop all 4 defenders if I could.

Losing to Liverpool U12s was pretty bad imo. Probably worse.

Too many mercenaries in the club. A phone call from kenwright is enough to put any self respecting player off. We just end up with a few good players and the rest desparados chasing their next pay cheque

There are a lot of people at Everton getting paid a lot of money and contributing Jack Sh^$ this has to stop and get shown the door and I mean coaching staff medical staff players, even the ball boys don't have any motivation when the ball goes out of play to get it in quicker, the whole club needs a complete overhaul

Not a shocking result at all. We knew our backup players were not good enough, they proved this by drawing twice to rotated championship opposition in the league Cup. With richarlison in there as well though it makes the current team bottom half Premier league standard. With doucoure and dcl and mina back we are top 6 contenders.

There's no point making too big a deal out of one game other than learning from it and understanding why it went wrong. It was a massive collapse at the end and defensive positioning was more of a problem than giving up. If Godfrey wants to be a centre back at everton he simply needs to learn more discipline positionally.

The biggest problem to learn from all this is squad depth MUST be improved. West ham have 2 good players in each position. That's where we need to be first and foremost. Injuries have been savage this season and that has been the reason for this poor run but contingency plans need to be in place for this and for whatever reasons they haven't been this season.

But it is a season of transition, we are a point off fifth and need to somehow get to January within touching distance. I can't see it personally without doucoure, however we may need to revert to a much more defensive minded approach and look to steal games for a while like we did this time last season.

I know a lot of people didn’t want Rafael, but I think it’s short sighted to lay the majority of the blame at his feet. Since Moyes left this kind of situation has been a common occurrence. Other posters above have mentioned instances where the players showed a similar lack of desire. The common denominators are Brands and some of the junk he has bought. They lack the mental attributes that good Everton sides had.

I hate to say it, but Moyes would never have signed even half of the current squad. They have very little heart and desire. The likes of Michael Keane and Andre Gomes have very fragile mentalities.

I miss this team. Strangely it was assembled during the time when our finances were at their weakest and when every penny had to count.

B565739D-F997-4A7F-959C-7E0E17D6CB6F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.