Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the photo that will be shown whenever this comes up. Who looks guilty in it? Who is tainted by the claims of racism? Long term, Holgate will be seen as someone who said he was racially abused in a period when it was rife, and the FA hadn't come to terms with how to deal with such accusations yet. Long term this is worse for Firmino, it'll always be bought up about him whenever people discuss him, if they ever do, after he has retired from football.

If FSG feel there's anything in it, they'll get shut of him, like they did Suarez. A good price and the brand is clean, and move on after an emotional farewell. That will be the big tell about this for me now- how little fight they put up if someone comes in for him - worth a cheeky lowish ball offer if your from one of the European big boys.

Who's going to bring it up? The hundreds of kopite pundits? The massively infested kopite commentary teams? The massively kopite infested media?

There was 10 times the volume of discussion about one single penalty we got v them. Because that's how mentalists prioritise.

Everybody needs to stop getting worked up.

There is no proof he was racially abused. Holgate thought he was, but I am sure (somebody correct me if I am wrong) that he doesn't speak fluent Portuguese and may easily have misheard something, and that's not a problem. Innocent mistake perhaps.

In any case, Everton should have publically defended him just like the RS did for their player. The FA took their time (too long imo, but at least they came to a conclusion) and released a statement yesterday.

Time to forget it.

This whole episode has never been about race for RS fans, it's been Liverpool v Everton. They seriously don't care about the racist aspect, why would they? They celebrate murder like a badge of honour.

I think the response has been disgusting and nowhere have i seen one iota of praise for Holgate speaking out. The response by Liverpool fans has not been what you would expect if a human being though, they're sick. Brewster has got to wonder what kind of support he'll receive. He receives it because he's a Liverpool player in their eyes, not because they care about stamping out racism.

Exactly what I’ve been thinking on it but I’ve found it hard to find the right words. The tribalism in it is what’s so disgusting to see.
Idiots on twitter and Facebook shouting for Holgate to be banned. I can’t fathom how anyone can watch that clip of Holgate going berserk and thinking “he’s putting that on to get him sent off”. The Lad looked distraught at the end. Felt so allass on him when everyone was trying to calm him down. It looked to me and I’d say to anyone without blinkers on, a genuine reaction.

If it was the opposite way round and the exact same scenario played out with the colour shirts changed, all I’d be thinking is “Christ I hope he didn’t say anything”. Not “please don’t send him off cos he plays for us, so he’s above reproach, he couldn’t of said it”.

Bad divvys

Exactly what I’ve been thinking on it but I’ve found it hard to find the right words. The tribalism in it is what’s so disgusting to see.
Idiots on twitter and Facebook shouting for Holgate to be banned. I can’t fathom how anyone can watch that clip of Holgate going berserk and thinking “he’s putting that on to get him sent off”. The Lad looked distraught at the end. Felt so allass on him when everyone was trying to calm him down. It looked to me and I’d say to anyone without blinkers on, a genuine reaction.

If it was the opposite way round and the exact same scenario played out with the colour shirts changed, all I’d be thinking is “Christ I hope he didn’t say anything”. Not “please don’t send him off cos he plays for us, so he’s above reproach, he couldn’t of said it”.

Bad divvys

Exactly, said it at the time. No way our fans would drop all their views on racism to support a player who will be part of our history for about 5 years.

Utterly mental reaction from them. A cult who have all changed their religious views because salah scored a couple of goals.

Load of utter BS. Has his performance been even slightly affected? Not at all.
The feller is as hard nosed as they come. He must feel as though he can do anything on the pitch now that the FA has ok'd his right to call other players sons of whores under the refs nose too.

Who's going to bring it up? The hundreds of kopite pundits? The massively infested kopite commentary teams? The massively kopite infested media?

There was 10 times the volume of discussion about one single penalty we got v them. Because that's how mentalists prioritise.
You are right. This will soon die a death as I presume neither the clubs nor the FA want this to drag on. It won't take long for the world to forget it ever happened.

Well, at least it'll get our fans providing a rare good atmosphere in the derby. Get Mirallas back to kneecap him.

I've never been so tempted to bite back in response to Jim Beglan and the other whoppers online who have missed the point. Young black male speaks up about abuse but may have misheard. The 'race card' shouts make me feel exceptionally angry

Insufficient evidence: that has muddied the waters no end and makes this hard to go away now. It means that there is not an absence of evidence, as they'd have said so yesterday - and they'd have been able to end this inquiry weeks ago if there had been an absence of evidence. So there is some evidence there that they feel cant be conclusively be proven 100% to be what Holgate claims. That evidence has to be a camera angle that has become available after the word Puta was used (the moment obscured by Kenny in the tv coverage) and Firmino is saying something else - or perhaps mouthing it as it couldn't be heard - that cant be determined clearly as the N-word.

The FA have just added another twist of the knife here and the player they wont or cant charge will always have that suspicion he's a racist...hence his pretty desperate comment last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.