Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
...had a few pints today and they came out fighting; “Holgate is a disgrace, he should’ve been sent off and didn’t even get a yellow”.

I kept my counsel. They expected a retort but didn’t get one. No mention of Firmino or racial comments, just that Holgate is a ‘disgrace’. They are my mates but when it comes to footy they are a different breed.

Out the way out the pub mate, should have got behind one of them and just as you're heading out shoved him over the nearest occupied table so he went arse over tit, then shouted 'Holgaaaaaaaaaaaaaate' and legged it outside

Innocent until proven guilty to be honest, racism is a serious accusation and you can't just take one person's word for it over another until the evidence is looked at fully.

This is going to get though ugly me thinks and the world has seen how badly that lot handle being accused of this type of thing.

...had a few pints today and they came out fighting; “Holgate is a disgrace, he should’ve been sent off and didn’t even get a yellow”.

I kept my counsel. They expected a retort but didn’t get one. No mention of Firmino or racial comments, just that Holgate is a ‘disgrace’. They are my mates but when it comes to footy they are a different breed.

Yep, similar experience here. They're really on the offensive with the bile they spout about a bit of pushing and shoving (which I admit was silly) but not one word about alleged racism. Strange creatures.

Don't raise your hopes: the Top 6 are untouchable as far as the spineless FA are concerned, even clubs like Liverpool who have previous for racist abuse. "Nothing to see here" will likely be their conclusion.

Well, they're not, are they?

They banned Suarez for both biting the Chelsea player and insulting Ebra, Terry for Anton Ferdinandgate, Costa for stomping, the bloke from City for taking banned medication.

Roy Keane received a retrospective ban when he admitted he tried to hurt Alf Inge Harland.

Well, they're not, are they?

They banned Suarez for both biting the Chelsea player and insulting Ebra, Terry for Anton Ferdinandgate, Costa for stomping, the bloke from City for taking banned medication.

Roy Keane received a retrospective ban when he admitted he tried to hurt Alf Inge Harland.

I still can't get over that bite incident. I'v never seen such a meffy thing to do on the pitch, as a grown man as well. 10 game ban? Should have honestly been given a 6 month ban for something as disgusting as that

I still can't get over that bite incident. I'v never seen such a meffy thing to do on the pitch, as a grown man as well. 10 game ban? Should have honestly been given a 6 month ban for something as disgusting as that
Yeah I know. A proper right hook or an uppercut would have been seen as rage.

Does anyone know for certain whether the audio from the ref's mic gets recorded? Because surely that would have picked up whatever was said, regardless of the background noise which meant that the ref didn't hear it clearly (giving him the benefit of the the doubt, obviously). Could be an open and shut case if there's audio.

The other factor is that Holgate didn't get booked - at the very least he should have had a yellow for reckless conduct. The fact that he wasn't suggests there's more to this which the ref wanted to 'kick upstairs'.

Aside from the Kopite whoppers targeting Holgate on twitter I had to put up with a bunch of them pissing and moaning cos the TV coverage wasn't suitably deferential to Der Mighty Redmen last night. Absolute [swear word] cultists, cry-arsing even when they get a dodgy victory.

Does anyone know for certain whether the audio from the ref's mic gets recorded? Because surely that would have picked up whatever was said, regardless of the background noise which meant that the ref didn't hear it clearly (giving him the benefit of the the doubt, obviously). Could be an open and shut case if there's audio.

The other factor is that Holgate didn't get booked - at the very least he should have had a yellow for reckless conduct. The fact that he wasn't suggests there's more to this which the ref wanted to 'kick upstairs'.

Aside from the Kopite whoppers targeting Holgate on twitter I had to put up with a bunch of them pissing and moaning cos the TV coverage wasn't suitably deferential to Der Mighty Redmen last night. Absolute [swear word] cultists, cry-arsing even when they get a dodgy victory.

..I asked the same question this morning about the audio being recorded. Funny how the ref immediately consulted the 4th Official, so he’s obviously in the audio link.

As I posted earlier, they are focusing the whole blame on Holgate, branding him ‘disgraceful’. We watch the game and accept what Holgate did was wrong but they immediately deflect any wrongdoing by Firmino. They are a different creed which is why despite their success I wouldn’t want me and mine to be anything other than a Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.