Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he's not made a snap call on this.

He's left it to the FA to deal with. It's on them now. We can't say for definite what happened and both clubs have dealt with it well so far.

I’m not sure he has done the right thing though. Attempting to play detective like everyone else it looks to me like he speaks to both Rooney and Jagielka whilst gesturing to his ear, suggesting to me he didn’t hear anything- note he didn’t hear anything, not that anything wasn’t actually said. If that’s the case, then the only impartial witness and authority figure from the game wont exactly be much help to us if the FA do take this further.

Hey, hang on Dave.

Schneiderlin goes in as the experienced pro in that situation to take a young lad away from trouble.

That is EXACTLY what he should have been doing.

We can slate Schneiderlin for a lot of things this season, but that isn't one of them. It was the right thing to do.
No. The referee knew he had a decision to make on a very toxic issue and Schneiderlin pulling Holgate away let him off the hook.

Holgate, Kenny and Rooney - the nearest and most involved - should have been right in his face demanding action...just as those two Judas gets Carragher and Gerrard would have been.

I'm glad he's not made a snap call on this.

He's left it to the FA to deal with. It's on them now. We can't say for definite what happened and both clubs have dealt with it well so far.
what ban did terry get for his comments to anton Ferdinand??

There is another interpretation to that (I believe he bottled it) but that he chose not to act upon it in that moment because then the issue is not dealt with and will have to be looked at. Effectively he passes it on to his superiors. While no refs would admit it publicly, I do think they will know, if an incident is of such magnitude they know not taking any action means it gets dealt with at the appropriate level.

Think this is spot on, and exactly why he went to the 4th official to tell him what he was going to do and also to get his backing when the brown messy stuff hit the fan later!

Don't raise your hopes: the Top 6 are untouchable as far as the spineless FA are concerned, even clubs like Liverpool who have previous for racist abuse. "Nothing to see here" will likely be their conclusion.
That is why I added I eagerly wait their decision. I know it will be a weak kneed response. Perhaps even exonerated. It will leave another black mark on them.

Holgate, Kenny and Rooney - the nearest and most involved - should have been right in his face demanding action...just as those two Judas gets Carragher and Gerrard would have been.

Has it occurred to you that they didn’t hear it either...

I mean Kenny is stood next to the scene when Firminho says something and doesn’t even react, same goes for ref.

Don't raise your hopes: the Top 6 are untouchable as far as the spineless FA are concerned, even clubs like Liverpool who have previous for racist abuse. "Nothing to see here" will likely be their conclusion.

Lol wut ? Suarez got banned for ages the last time they were accused of racism.

Kopite Towers would've come out swift to brush off the story.

They haven't and are "looking into it"

Smoke without fire.

There is another interpretation to that (I believe he bottled it) but that he chose not to act upon it in that moment because then the issue is not dealt with and will have to be looked at. Effectively he passes it on to his superiors. While no refs would admit it publicly, I do think they will know, if an incident is of such magnitude they know not taking any action means it gets dealt with at the appropriate level.

The ref issuing a yellow or red card for an incident during a match doesn't mean that the FA can't look at the incident .

As a general rule they don't but if the standard punishment for a yellow or red card is thought to be insufficent (or however they word it) it can be looked at and the punishment increased.

So even if Madley had heard and sent Firmino off for racial abuse i'm pretty sure the FA would still reveiw it and increase the ban.

...had a few pints today and they came out fighting; “Holgate is a disgrace, he should’ve been sent off and didn’t even get a yellow”.

I kept my counsel. They expected a retort but didn’t get one. No mention of Firmino or racial comments, just that Holgate is a ‘disgrace’. They are my mates but when it comes to footy they are a different breed.

Reckon now that Coutinho has gone, 'Bobby' is trying to engineer a move. Racism first so look out for the biting - theres no way anyone can miss it with them teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.