Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get me wrong if he gets to play here I wish him all the best and hope he succeeds as he is highly rated.

I just feel with the size of our squad and FFP's burden on us we could do with taking advantage of player trading players on the periphery of the squad who could fetch a decent fee (Lookman, Holgate, Vlasic) etc.
Unless they could help us in the future and/or increase their fee.

According to Whoscored, Vlasic is the 2nd rated player in the entire league. Since the 2013/14 season - farthest it goes back, I couldn't find anyone even close to that age in the top 5, the closest was Golovin a year or so ago at like 9th. It's borderline unprecedented. We clearly need a backup for Siggy and it's not like Vlasic can't play a couple different positions. He could help us.

Lookman has something to him. With Richy emerging on the right side, Lookman suddenly becomes our backup left sided player, which is his natural position. He put up great numbers at RBL, granted, they play a very different system, but think he'd do well from the left here.

I already noted how Onyenkuru is putting up numbers that few are.

I'm not against selling them, but they've clearly got potential. It wouldn't be for some small fee, that's for sure.

Sign a boss young attacker.

Wait for work permit and loan him out

He keeps scoring goals and impressing

Top club's like psg, Bayern etc linked with him

Everton fans- sell!

Also Everton fans - sign a striker FFS

He's not a CF. No one is saying sign a boss young attacker, they are saying sign a CF.

Its called player trading - you know that thing big clubs like Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea do.

Sign player for £10 million

Does a decent job on loan but nothing special to suggest he'll take the prem by storm.

Sell for £20-25 million

Makes £10-15 million profit - do that for 3 players for example - Onyekuru, Vlasic and Lookman thats £30-45 million profit which gets you 1 top quality first team player or 2x good players.

A big problem of ours is we sign players who do a decent job in poor leagues who dont make the grade in England and we are stuck with a bloated squad. What exactly has Vlasic done at us during his time here? What has Lookman done?

Fans (mainly the fifa boyz) get too big a hard on for young players with decent potential who realistically will never be first team players here.

Hopefully Brands starts making a profit with these sort of transfers and we can become more self sufficient.

Name an example of someone doing this for a large profit? That wasn’t a flat out mistake (Salah & KDB).

DCL, Lookman, Henry fella, Vlasic, the Steve Walsh had a decent eye for the yoots.

Theres also the yoots in the U23 that may or may not make it.

Adeniran, Markelo, Mathis and Gibson.

He either finally gets a permit and we finally get to see if he's any good, or he doesn't get a permit and we make a healthy profit on his sale. Don't see a problem with this situation. Either eventuality is fine.

He either finally gets a permit and we finally get to see if he's any good, or he doesn't get a permit and we make a healthy profit on his sale. Don't see a problem with this situation. Either eventuality is fine.

Nigeria are ranked 46th in the world.

He needs to have played in 75% of their Competitive matches in the last 2 years, which will be June to June? Maybe.

• FIFA Ranking 1-10: 30% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 11-20: 45% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 21-30: 60% and above
  • FIFA Ranking 31-50: 75% and above

Which he hasnt done, IMO he will not be granted a work permit this Summer.

Nigeria dont even start their Qualifiers till after October.

Status
Not open for further replies.