Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a really good loan deal, just need to get the kid playing for Nigeria now.

Champions League football for 2 seasons in a row for the lad. Can't possibly ask for more can we?

I hope they don't play the long game and make sure he only plays just enough to not be worthy of an English work permit since we didn't include the option to buy clause.

On the surface seems like a brilliant loan...I have to wonder. We need to have a word with the Nigerian FA and make sure he's playing for them.

Why isn't he going to a European country on a regular basis, in an attempt to obtain that work permit?

You mean returning to the same country? I think that only applies if you're trying to get residency in an EU country. This is more about proving he is worth being allowed to 'work' over here ahead of a 'local' worker. He would still be classed as a non-EU player in this instance, whereas the other way he would be counted as an EU player I believe.

Heard the hold up was Gala wanted a buying clause.

Be interested to know if we caved or not.

According to the Turkish media;

Galatasaray was keen to put a buy-out clause on the loan contract but it was rejected. As they are under UEFA FFP regulations, their offer was pretty low and it is rejected.

Galatasaray has made an announcement to the KAP (Public Disclosure Platform in Turkey) that they will pay 800k Euros to Everton and 1.2m. Euros to Henry for one season-long loan deal.

According to the Turkish media;

Galatasaray was keen to put a buy-out clause on the loan contract but it was rejected. As they are under UEFA FFP regulations, their offer was pretty low and it is rejected.

Galatasaray has made an announcement to the KAP (Public Disclosure Platform in Turkey) that they will pay 800k Euros to Everton and 1.2m. Euros to Henry for one season-long loan deal.

800k? Penauts compared to the £11m we got for Lookman's loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.