Help required on Everton 5 Manchester United 0 from 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasM

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I'm looking for some info ladies and gents. I well remember Everton beating Manchester United in October 1984, but I'm looking for details on the game. Even scorers would be good. After a bit of trawling through the internet I can't find a match report for the game.

Any help, memories etc would be very much appreciated (even just scorers would be good). Thank you.

i rang o.t. yesterday to ask about parking. stone roses when you're on hold, i was brassed off when they answered, until the young lady said "is it a pacific car park you want to book"?, after ridiculing her in a flirty way and by saying "is there a shuttle bus from that far away" i said my goodbyes and thanked her for her assistance.

£10 the robbin' gets

seem to remember Sheedy scored twice and injured his head in the second goal. I know Sharp and Stevens scored. Think Heath got the other. 3-0 at half time. Yeah, Sheedy's double sandwiching heath's. Sharp and Stevens in the second half.
Wonderful memories

yeah, i'm sure sheedy scored then went off injured and came back on to score another.

how we lost the cup final to that shower. it would have been the first ever double of that centuary and the first ever double with a european trophy... well treble i guess.

yeah sheeds got 2 im sure sharpie got 1 the others im not sure however i do have it on video::eek:somwhere for sure but i aint got a player :lol:

This was the game in which we showed that the force was with us - we had a momentum that carried us all the way to the title....what a day.

Described later by Ron Atkinson as "a good hiding...". He never got over his fear of Goodison after that saying later that the place was very difficult for opponents as - when Everton are playing well - the atmosphere was so oppressive.

"What bliss was it in that dawn to be alive...."

This is the fairly sketchy story from the club site:

Everton 5 Manchester United 0
27/10/1984

Evertons finest hour. Kevin Sheedy scored twice, including a skull-crunching header and a stunning left-footed strike, and Adrian Heath, Graeme Sharp and Gary Stevens earned a goal each during a match. Joe Mercer described as the most complete Everton performance he'd seen. Tactical mastery, superb skill, pace and some dazzling footwork all added up to leave a befuddled United entirely outclassed. Proving that their victory was no fluke, the Blues travelled to Old Trafford three days later and once again ran amok over Ron Atkinson's United.

42 quid tickets were (n) I am going for a few beers with me bird around Manchester and then traming it in with a peg on my nose .

i rang o.t. yesterday to ask about parking. stone roses when you're on hold, i was brassed off when they answered, until the young lady said "is it a pacific car park you want to book"?, after ridiculing her in a flirty way and by saying "is there a shuttle bus from that far away" i said my goodbyes and thanked her for her assistance.

£10 the robbin' gets

Status
Not open for further replies.