Heitinga

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to be patient. Distin's days are numbered an I can see moyes phasing him out the team in about 6-9 months. Maybe he may get back in before that but if he doesn't he needs to take his medicine...

He's gone in January. What he said the other day on Twitter was very telling. Frustrated at being on the bench for 90 minutes, couldn't help the team.

I can't blame him either. He was our player of the year, what more can he do?

Not going to happen till next summer I guess. If we let him go (hope not), we have 2CB left. Duffy is not good enough yet.

He's gone in January. What he said the other day on Twitter was very telling. Frustrated at being on the bench for 90 minutes, couldn't help the team.

I can't blame him either. He was our player of the year, what more can he do?

Be an England international and never say anything, apparently.

I honestly don't rate Distin.

UUVQMmdqem1HTDQ%3D.jpg

He needs to be patient. Distin's days are numbered an I can see moyes phasing him out the team in about 6-9 months. Maybe he may get back in before that but if he doesn't he needs to take his medicine...

But why does he need to be ? He's already been benched for a large part of his Everton career, and when he wasn't he spent a lot of it in the wrong position. Distin is 34 and not perfect, Moyes shouldn't be forcing our defender of the year to sit on the sidelines. Either way Distin is heading out, the question is whether Moyes wants Heitinga to go to. If he doesn't he better start playing him.

HeitingaJagielka
Ground 50/50 win %56%75%
Aerial 50/50 win %51%72%
Tackle win %75%70%
Defensive errors02
Minutes per loss of possession508214
Pass completion79%74%
Goals conceded2331

Heitinga wins it for me personally. Playing time was almost exactly the same (Jags played 29 minutes more)

At the end of the day we've let in noticeably less goals with him on the pitch, and the loss of possession stat just proves the 'Hoof' perfectly.

Distin is 35 soon so he won't be around forever. I really hope Johnny stays and be 1st choice CB at the club.

But why does he need to be ? He's already been benched for a large part of his Everton career, and when he wasn't he spent a lot of it in the wrong position. Distin is 34 and not perfect, Moyes shouldn't be forcing our defender of the year to sit on the sidelines. Either way Distin is heading out, the question is whether Moyes wants Heitinga to go to. If he doesn't he better start playing him.

The reason why Moyes does not start both Jags and Johnny is because of their lack of height surely?

Me too mate, but i wouldn't blame him if he took a transfer to a team like Fenerbache. European football pretty much guaranteed.

I don't think Moyes will renew Distin's contract in summer 2013 as he will be 36. And if Johnny is going too then we have to acquire at least 2 new CB and that is worrying.

The reason why Moyes does not start both Jags and Johnny is because of their lack of height surely?

Jags' aerial 50/50 win percentage is actually higher than Distin's anyway, but i personally would be benching Jags, and not Distin, i see what you mean about the height issue.

But then, if Distin is retiring soon that will be a permanent problem.....

Why don't we rotate them based on tactics? Put Johnny in when we need to control the ball on floor then use Jags/Distin against the teams where we need strength over tact. Surely they would all get around equal minutes each season then. Keeping Johnny should be a big priority, we don't have another CB like him where as Jags, Distin, and Duffy are of the same mould. Also Distin can't have that much time left in him. :/

Jags' aerial 50/50 win percentage is actually higher than Distin's anyway, but i personally would be benching Jags, and not Distin, i see what you mean about the height issue.

But then, if Distin is retiring soon that will be a permanent problem.....

I am sure Distin wants at least 2 years extention of his contract next summer but would Moyes sanction it due to his age? I think Moyes will sign a left-footed like Olsson (on a free next summer) as a replacement.

I am sure Distin wants at least 2 years extention of his contract next summer but would Moyes sanction it due to his age? I think Moyes will sign a left-footed like Olsson (on a free next summer) as a replacement.

I love Sylvain but that would be utterly absurd. The guy is going to be 35 in a few months, no way we should be giving him a contract until he's 37.

He's our best CB. After the horrible defensive performance on Saturday, he should be back in the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.