Heitinga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags has played plenty of football out from the back for England. He's most definately capable and can only improve the more he's asked to do it.

It's heitinga's saving grace being known as a ball playing CB. But he's not good enough at the rest. There are ball playing cb's out there that can also defend efficiently.

I'm not the biggest fan of Duffy anyway.... He seems limited in his ability past tackling and heading.... Plus judging from Twitter he seems like a bit of a tw@t....

Judging via twitter eh. Good one.

Conor can you tell him for us.

Sell him now!

His heart hasnt been innit for a long time.
Yeah, like one season, when he learnt that no matter how good he will play (like at the 2nd part of 11/12 season) he will always be a bench player behind Moyes favourites (like Jagielka, who I admit was excellent during 12/13 season, but he was far from excellent season before) and the only chance for him is to hope for teammates injury. Great perspective.

Seriously, most of you is so quick in "get rid or jog off" comments regarding players having poor spell of form and later you are surprised that players, who have offers from bigger/better clubs, show no loyalty. Hipocrisy.

Martinez plays 3 at the back.

Yeah, like one season, when he learnt that no matter how good he will play (like at the 2nd part of 11/12 season) he will always be a bench player behind Moyes favourites (like Jagielka, who I admit was excellent during 12/13 season, but he was far from excellent season before) and the only chance for him is to hope for teammates injury. Great perspective.

Martinez will keep Heitinga, at least until January I think because he's our only CB who can successfully complete a pass from 5 to 10 yards.

In january he can sign a pre contract and leave for free.

His next club willlikley be his last and I can see him signing a 4-5 year deal with ajax. He already said he wants to end his career there

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/news/21224.html

Defender Johnny Heitinga has told the press he would like to see out his career at Ajax.

Speaking at the launch of the new Voetbal International website, the Dutchman said, "I want to end my career at Ajax. I'm 28 years old, I want a few more years abroad then I would like to return to Ajax."

At present, though, the Toffees man is enjoying life in the blue shirt.

"The Premier League is a competition where I feel at home and I'm really enjoying myself, so I'm not looking too far ahead."

Lets not go with Duffy cause he "seems" like a git on twitter. I hear all the big selection decision are made based on this.

Heitinga was always slowish but last yr seemed to lose a yard which basically meant he was a sitting duck.
The decline was actually evident in Euro 2012 when he got benched for the 3rd group game and the dutch were embarrassingly eliminated. His performance in the first two games was terrible.

Heiting is done. He simply doesn't have the pace to cut it in the EPL anymore. A move to Turkey would be ideal.

What about people obsessing with Martinez playing three at the back? 3-4-3!! It's his style!
Wigan conceded 70+ goals whilst our backline was of the EPL's best. Why would he change it?

Heitinga is "done" you are correct. He's forged a rep on being a ball playing CB but defensively he is weak. In the air, he has no pace which has also declined, he's also supprisingly weak in the tackle. He was back up because jags and distin are both better defenders. His holland days are as good as up too.

Duffy looked promising in those few games he played BUT I don't think he's gonna cut it long term. He needs a loan deal to proper access him like with a run of games but I feel his weakness's are going to outway his strenghts.

Martinez would have to be very stubborn and a little stupid to change to a back 3, a defensive unit which was the 4th best in the league last season and solid for years. Sure a back 3 plan b could be a great trick up the sleeve to have but a bit of common sense needed.

Hoping we're actually looking to bring lescott back in. World Cup year he will be dying to impress. Plus his 5 or 6 goals a season have been sorely missed and could count for 5/6 extra points over a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.