Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually mental they would wanna buy him after they see that first hand. what a fantastic bunch they have now. couple of cross dressers, dele alli, little harry winks and some useless [Poor language removed] from Woolwich they overpaid 30 mill on. they deserve to go down.

My fav.
Lovely

actually mental they would wanna buy him after they see that first hand. what a fantastic bunch they have now. couple of cross dressers, dele alli, little harry winks and some useless [Poor language removed] from Woolwich they overpaid 30 mill on. they deserve to go down.

My fav.

Harsh but fair. We are a laughingstock

Depends how much the loan fee is and how much his wages are. £5m loan fee plus £80k a week is £9m. To have Harry Winks. For 1 year.
Could care less tbh.
Its a sensible deal all round to loan , if it doesnt work its he goes back.
Wages wise it is effectively Delph out , Winks in.

If he is part of a plan to play a certain way wether you personally like him or not & it allows other more creative midfielders to come in its a very good move.

We've all been crying out for change , well here it starts buddy.

:drunk: Wanyama is pretty similar to Vieira, in all honesty.

4B37B5BA-0A35-404B-ABAA-5E9E7C09E8A4.jpeg

Looking back at last season it really feels like one of the biggest mistakes we made was not exploiting the loan market til January. With little to spend and a squad lacking depth it really was a no-brainer to use our 2 PL loan allocation from the off last summer. Regardless of how Winks gets on it's good to see at least one mistake not being repeated (I think we all assume the 2nd loan will be used too).

Could care less tbh.
Its a sensible deal all round to loan , if it doesnt work its he goes back.
Wages wise it is effectively Delph out , Winks in.

If he is part of a plan to play a certain way wether you personally like him or not & it allows other more creative midfielders to come in its a very good move.

We've all been crying out for change , well here it starts buddy.
I'm not sure this represents much change, buddy. What does Winks do differently to Gomes, for example? He's slow, can't tackle, doesn't assist, doesn't score, plays nice sideways passes, sound familiar? £7.5m quid straight in the bin. Standard Everton stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure why anybody would pay attention to the opinion of Spurs fans. They’ve won the top four trophy and two league cups in 31 years.

They probably all thought Wanyama was going to be world class.
In the same time period we've won the top four trophy once and won one FA cup. Why would anyone pay attention to the opinion of Everton fans?

I'm not sure this represents much change, buddy. What does Winks do differently to Gomes, for example? He's slow, can't tackle, doesn't assist, doesn't score, plays nice sideways passes, sound familiar. £7.5m quid straight in the bin. Standard Everton stuff.
Think you are way off in your summary.
Ball retention is very good .
Passing is very good.
He certainly isnt slow.
Our options atm are Tommy D or Gomes.

FWIW he improves our midfield ...instantly.
He'd be paid no more than a Delph or a Gomes.

Or maybe you have a better solution.

Think you are way off in your summary.
Ball retention is very good .
Passing is very good.
He certainly isnt slow.
Our options atm are Tommy D or Gomes.

FWIW he improves our midfield ...instantly.
He'd be paid no more than a Delph or a Gomes.

Or maybe you have a better solution.
Or perhaps if we had a scouting department we could locate someone younger and better from outside the PL as other clubs seem to do.
But since we apparently don’t posses such a department we are seemingly hellbent on acquiring this limited , overpaid cockney lad whose career has been on a downward trajectory for at least two seasons.

Or perhaps if we had a scouting department we could locate someone younger and better from outside the PL as other clubs seem to do.
But since we apparently don’t posses such a department we are seemingly hellbent on acquiring this limited , overpaid cockney lad whose career has been on a downward trajectory for at least two seasons.
Under different circumstances i'd agree with you.
Do you think these clubs outside of the Prem are going to give up their prized young assets for a loan fee ?
And would they come here ?

I'm not sure folks truly understand the predicament we are in.

Under different circumstances i'd agree with you.
Do you think these clubs outside of the Prem are going to give up their prized young assets for a loan fee ?
And would they come here ?

I'm not sure folks truly understand the predicament we are in.
If we were buying younger we would pay less in wages.
If from outside the PL we avoid the exorbitant British price hike.
It should be cheaper overall for a player whose ceiling should be higher and whose value could rise exponentially,
And I am fully conversant with our situation due to massive overspend breaching PL limits, thank you very much.

If we were buying younger we would pay less in wages.
If from outside the PL we avoid the exorbitant British price hike.
It should be cheaper overall for a player whose ceiling should be higher and whose value could rise exponentially,
And I am fully conversant with our situation due to massive overspend breaching PL limits, thank you very much.
You're welcome

The only way to judge this is , if Frank wants to set us up a certain way & he see's Winks as the player for the anchor/ pivot role & its for little expenditure while he can then focus on bringing badly needed creativity then this is a sensible move.
If there's no other signings in the creative mode then its no better than we've had for years.

I trust he has his targets once this is done.

I stand by that btw that Winks instantly improves our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.