Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winks is not a marquee signing. I guess he is being considered because we have little or no transfer budget. Including Tarkowski, we need about five players.

Spurs want to move him on which makes me nervous. But if that is the case and we are signing him, we really should be lowballing. We would definitely be in the stronger negotiating position.

Winks is not a marquee signing. I guess he is being considered because we have little or no transfer budget. Including Tarkowski, we need about five players.

Spurs want to move him on which makes me nervous. But if that is the case and we are signing him, we really should be lowballing. We would definitely be in the stronger negotiating position.

levy-daniel.gif

More hits than misses? Really? I'm struggling to see ANY hit here.

Gray cost 1.7m. That doesn't make him a hit. It makes him a cheap failure.
What in the heck you on about mate? Gray on the whole last season was a hit. Won us enough points on his own to warrant his transfer fee and then some. Got injured and came back into a pressurised relegation dogfight where he struggled to get back to speed straight away. But over 38 games, he was on balance a hit....

What in the heck you on about mate? Gray on the whole last season was a hit. Won us enough points on his own to warrant his transfer fee and then some. Got injured and came back into a pressurised relegation dogfight where he struggled to get back to speed straight away. But over 38 games, he was on balance a hit....
He's a hit if just about surviving is the target.

He's not good enough for Leicester City. But good enough for us?

How the once mighty have fallen.

Exactly, he was fine last season.

I can’t believe people havexx CD a downer on him. There were Ed games last season where he was amazing.

Shkodran Mustafi wasn't good enough for us but then got a 35 million pound transfer to Arsenal and has a World Cup winners medal. What's your point? Its about how players perform for us and apply themselves. Not previous club performance or reputation....

On the list of our failed players, he doesn’t even make the bottom half. We won’t ever get a player as good as him for £1.7m.

H literally saved last season. Without his value transfer and wearily season goals we would have been relegated.

Beggars can’t be choosers. We spent more or less no money last summer and the players we brought in were definitely not the problem players. They performed well and pound for pound were great value.

The issue was the accumulation of poor players from previous regimes and the ridiculous injury list.

We can all cry not good enough if we wilfully ignore the reality of our situation. He was better than players we spent a lot more on. To put it in context, we probably spent not far off £1.7m on El Ghazi.

On the list of our failed players, he doesn’t even make the bottom half. We won’t ever get a player as good as him for £1.7m.

H literally saved last season. Without his value transfer and wearily season goals we would have been relegated.

Beggars can’t be choosers. We spent more or less no money last summer and the players we brought in were definitely not the problem players. They performed well and pound for pound were great value.

The issue was the accumulation of poor players from previous regimes and the ridiculous injury list.

We can all cry not good enough if we wilfully ignore the reality of our situation. He was better than players we spent a lot more on. To put it in context, we probably spent not far off £1.7m on El Ghazi.
Completely spot on. And he is now worth at least over 10 times what we paid for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.