Happy birthday Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismpw

Player Valuation: £70m
I have this date, 22nd January in my calendar as being Everton's birthday. I must have noted it at some point, but didn't record any details as to whether it was the first time we were called Everton, or whether it was when St Doningos decided to boot a ball about, rather than thwack it with a lump of willow. Maybe someone who knows the history with more precision than I can put us right. But whatever.

Happy cake day Everton f.c.

Thanks for the torment.

I have this date, 22nd January in my calendar as being Everton's birthday. I must have noted it at some point, but didn't record any details as to whether it was the first time we were called Everton, or whether it was when St Doningos decided to boot a ball about, rather than thwack it with a lump of willow. Maybe someone who knows the history with more precision than I can put us right. But whatever.

Thanks for the torment.
Interesting. If you do remember any details/sources etc. (or anyone else can chime in), then pls let us know.

Thanks for the torment.
22nd of January 1878, if your facts are correct?

@Joey66 he’s had you rar off here.
I am hoping we will exist to have more birthdays at the moment, off the field - someone in the premiership has taken a dislike to us - that's for sure - we don't want a decline left with a brand-new ground - I am very suspicious of what is going on ATM - Yes we have been badly run, but being maybe punished twice for the same time frame - is worrying about our exsistance IMO

I am hoping we will exist to have more birthdays at the moment, off the field - someone in the premiership has taken a dislike to us - that's for sure - we don't want a decline left with a brand-new ground - I am very suspicious of what is going on ATM - Yes we have been badly run, but being maybe punished twice for the same time frame - is worrying about our exsistance IMO

Agree totally Joey. ;)

We're not going anywhere Joey. Even if we plummet down the leagues, where there's fans, there will always be a club, and we have a few of them knocking around.

Don't worry about our existence.

We're not going anywhere Joey. Even if we plummet down the leagues, where there's fans, there will always be a club, and we have a few of them knocking around.

Don't worry about our existence.
The 2nd worst thing that could happen to Everton is us losing that 70 seasons top flight, then plummeting down the leagues adding to our "only 5 years away". As long as we avoid that I'm happy each season. If it happens, I don't care where we are so long as we field 11 players each Saturday at 3pm, playing at a level where there's less motivation for corruption/cheating/VAR.

(The worst is the club ceasing to exist etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.