Handball ref? Ref?

Afaik VAR officials didnt ask the ref to review it as they thought his arms were by his side. Its another case of VAR referring the game instead of the ref.

I would imagine they spent the time reviewing if the ball crossed the line (which isnt their role) and the hand ball was an after thought.
The "check" was complete in a matter of a few seconds. Doubt they even looked at all the available angles

According to the Echo and then image from SportsBible (pic credit to the Premier League):

However, the officials overseeing the technology did not believe referee Thomas Bramall should review the call because his arm was considered to be by his side, a controversial decision given the distance it was from his body. An update was issued some time later to add that the contact was considered to be accidental but that explanation will still be questioned by a club and its supporters that have been left outraged by the decisions that have gone against it this season and over previous years.

----------------------
View attachment 244297
----------------------
So, when did "accidental" come into the equation? And is his arm by his side? You be the judge...
Makes me sick

I would absolutely LOVE to see the cryarsing on here if that last night was given against us.

PGMOL on the Onana pen v City: "The VAR looks at it to see if it's clear and obviously wrong and he's not going to come to that conclusion when he sees the arm up by the side of the head, blocking a shot towards goal and therefore it's a credible penalty kick outcome."

So yes, that is my actual take on handball.
Not a single person would have been surprised

Pretty sure it was checked

The ref stopped the game a few moments later and did his Mariah Carey impression putting his hand to his ear and then Sean dyche did his classic shoulder shrug 🤷🏻‍♂️ with hands outstretched trying to act all confused at what was going on because he thought there was a fault with the referees watch not giving the goal because it looked like it had gone over the line. A few players had their arms up in the air and were saying stuff to the ref to try and suggest it had gone over the line so there was some confusion as to what was going on and what was being checked. Then the commentators were all like ‘oh that’s not a pen he’s just unlucky cos it’s come off the crossbar and he can’t get him arm out of way’ spiel.

Clear and obvious handball and penalty. Arm was not in a natural position at his side and was actually closer to horizontal meaning it had to be moving towards the ball. It is not even questionable and any other club gets awarded a penalty. There is a very blatant agenda against Everton from both the PL and the PGMOL.
I wonder if it will be mentioned on MOTD tonight. I suspect not.

So our manager is wrong, the commentators are wrong, lots of other Evertonians I've spoken to are wrong.

The play is running back to his goal, you move your arms when you run (if you knew that) and the ball last second smacked the crossbar and bounced back. He didn't have time to move them anywhere - people don't run with their arms glued to their sides.

Be better. Support clearer calls.
It’s a penalty mate. He’s lifted his arms towards the ball, deliberately or not, you don’t run with your arms stretched out like an eagle. You run with your arms by your side.

I'd love to hear the VAR audio check for this. It's egregious how little we are getting. And it's downright dereliction of duty to not be banging the fn drum about it every week, Sean.

So by that logic, an outswinging corner that hits a defender's arm isn’t handball either as its trajectory was taking it away from the goal.
Also there is very little chance of a handball outside the box unless, of course, the ball is heading towards your own goal even if it's in the opposition's half.