Half way through the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our best team for almost 25 years - with a bit luck (injuries) and an inspired signing in Jan we can finish 3rd/4th.

In talent and footballing terms, possibly. However, we are desperately lacking in a killer instinct, and that is worth a dozen points over the season.

December and we're right in the mix for 4th despite drawing 8 games that we should of won...this is good. Have a very good feeling about this season.

I don't think it is impossible for us to finish 3rd. If this has been our bad spell then bring on the good! Spurs is now a must win game for us though as we'd then have to visit them later in the season.

Wasnt very nice was it.

Mate I can kind of see why he said it. The way arsenal and Chelsea are imploding this season, and the other big two dropping points regularly, you can understand why other teams fans think that. If we got our act together, this season would be the time.

But we know better.

We'll get 8, maybe 9 points out of our next four games, imo. Any more than that and, barring an injury crisis, we're laughing all the way to the top 6 as I expect us to improve on our first half of the season in the second half. Top four will require 67+ points, I'd think. So if we had 30 points after the first half of the season, I could see us doing it.

We've been unlucky so far this season - we could have 30 points by now and we tend to get stronger as the season progresses. Basically its all in place for at least top 6.

We all agree we have the potential with the players we have (1st team) to really go for and grab 3rd or 4th. We will get injuries so that's a given but what we really need is Jelavic to rediscover his prolific form of last season. With the Boss football we were playing for a large part of early season I truly thought we'd spank someone 4 or more nil at some stage. This has not happened and it is a concern because we've actually producing less chances now than earlier in the season and our end ball in the final 3rd had deteriorated. Without Jelly firing and the confidence this brings to the team who will step up to create the amount of chances we were in early season we will probably mis out.

Status
Not open for further replies.