Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that siguardsson can't do from set pieces is hit the first man every time. Don't worry I'm sure baines and Barkley will 'teach' him how to do it, they are past masters at it.
I just remember Bilyaletdinov putting in world class corners on his debut and within 10 games of being here it was hitting the first man all the time!

I desperately hoped the club would finally rebuild the squad and looks like we are doing.

If nothing else the moshiri reign seems to bring common sense

you've got to assume Schneiderlin Gyfli Klaasen Gana Rooney in the midfield with Sandro or AN Other striker up top.
Good shout. Without the ball, we'll drop back into a 5 man midfield to make it difficult to play through us. With the ball we have a number of players: klassen, Rooney and siguardsson who can quickly adapt to a front 3 to support Sandro with his movement. Never had this many options in our attacking play and possibly giroud still to come.
It's been said before, there are really no excuses for koeman with this squad he is assembling, with bolasie and Coleman to come back in.

upload_2017-7-9_20-3-44.png
upload_2017-7-9_20-4-47.png

I mean, his stats from last season stack up against truly world class players. All of the rest of them have cost or are worth around £40m or above BEFORE inflation. Don't really understand how our fans could say no to be honest, we wouldn't even come close to attracting the other players in those lists and we wouldn't be able to find anyone abroad who we can attract who will sit alongside those players either.

The best part is last season wasn't a one-off, he's done it consistently in england where he can either contribute double figures in goals or assists and at 27 is the perfect age to really kick on. He'd be a lot more nailed on for a first XI spot here than he was at spurs so i think he'd feel a lot more comfortable and flourish more. Also the top crosser in the league last season, but i'm not sure if that's a stat worthwhile tbh

Never helps to have another dead-ball expert in the team. Even nicer if we get another striker in to compliment his assist figures.

Doesn't get mentioned enough either but the lad works bloody hard as well.

I'm happier if it's 30 million rather than the silly 40 million.

Personally I don't think he will add anything spectacular to the team but seemingly we are building a team of hardworking players who will cover a lot of ground which I imagine will make us very hard to play against next season.
He added a spectacular amount of assists last season, set pieces in a tight game could get a valuable win if our defensive set up is ok, we need someone like that

View attachment 38597 View attachment 38598

I mean, his stats from last season stack up against truly world class players. All of the rest of them have cost or are worth around £40m or above BEFORE inflation. Don't really understand how our fans could say no to be honest, we wouldn't even come close to attracting the other players in those lists and we wouldn't be able to find anyone abroad who we can attract who will sit alongside those players either.

The best part is last season wasn't a one-off, he's done it consistently in england where he can either contribute double figures in goals or assists and at 27 is the perfect age to really kick on. He'd be a lot more nailed on for a first XI spot here than he was at spurs so i think he'd feel a lot more comfortable and flourish more. Also the top crosser in the league last season, but i'm not sure if that's a stat worthwhile tbh
As little as 3 years ago no chance a Player as good as Siggy would be linked with us and now some don't want him ? It would be a great buy, and one from under the noses of other clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.