Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happier if it's 30 million rather than the silly 40 million.

Personally I don't think he will add anything spectacular to the team but seemingly we are building a team of hardworking players who will cover a lot of ground which I imagine will make us very hard to play against next season.

Lookman could well be loaned out.
Mirallas is a squad player.
Lennon is a squad player.
Bolasie is injured till christmas.
Niasse will be sold.
Barkley we've no idea about.

We have options but they we still need more quality.

I agree, so I'd be happy to see Sigurdsson come in as I think he's an excellent player.

Puts Barkley in a really testing situation, mind, considering it's a world cup year. Between them, Sandro, Sigurdsson (assuming this happpens), Klaassen (if we've signed him for a forward role), Bolasie (on return) Rooney and even Mirallas are serious competition if they have good seasons.

I'm not going to pretend to be a Sigurdsson expert and only saw a handful of Swansea games last season, but from what I picked up, I thought he had comfortably the better season out of himself and Barkley last season. Barkley was off the boil for long stretches, despite his decent enough stats masking that fact.

Permission for a preemptive manly squeel..

giphy.gif

Several reliable sources on twitter saying its done now. Something has defo happened tonight - maybe he has agreed personal terms today? In which case only the medical and the video to do...[/QUOTE
Mate you've defo cum to early.

Status
Not open for further replies.