2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the LFC game he has played well in central midfield this season.

Quite aggressive and hard-working. Better than anyone else left standing in midfield. I would love to see
a midfield of Gomes, Gbamin and Iwobi but meanwhile he's our best bet or how does a Morgan/ Delph
twosome grab you?

Quite aggressive and hard-working
. Better than anyone else left standing in midfield. I would love to see
a midfield of Gomes, Gbamin and Iwobi but meanwhile he's our best bet or how does a Morgan/ Delph
twosome grab you?

Never seen a worse take than that in my life.

Quite aggressive and hard-working. Better than anyone else left standing in midfield. I would love to see
twosome grab you?
Gotta be honest mate, he's anything but aggressive.

He wasn't woeful yesterday, he's just "meh", 5 out of 10 we'll get in a weekly basis.

He's basically playing centre mid because there's no one left to play there now and it's more out of hope that he may pick a pass or score a worldy.

As soon as we have all the players fit again, this fella won't be getting any minutes

1: Without a goal/assist he offers nothing as a support striker.

2: His 'fans' say he should be played wide left at swansea...hes poor there as well

3: Back as a stats king as support striker his 'fans' say he should be in centre midfield...rubbish there as well.

4: Wide left at Swansea = rubbish for us. Support striker without a goal = rubbish for us. Centre mid for iceland = rubbish for us.

Hes not playing out of position...hes just not very good without the team built around him.

Agreed on point 1, although it’s a bit of a truism. But his return there prior to this season was undoubtedly good. Strange that you’re ignoring that. Yes he’s been poor this season, but that’s why Silva was trying to figure out what to do with him before all the injuries.

Right now, it’s an all hands on deck situation in central midfield, he’s having to cover a position he‘s pretty much never played at this level, and he’s doing fine. Anybody ignoring that context just lacks credibility.

As for the rest, all strawman arguments, I’m afraid. And the final point is a borderline contradiction; it’s true of most 10s that the team needs to be built around them to a large extent. But that’s a longer term problem to address at the end of the season, and is irrelevant to his current performance level.

Liverpool game excluded I think he's shown gradual improvement in that CM under ancelloti. I think he'll continue to improve as he gets more familiar in that role.

He's not been great this year, but he can still do a job for us, even if it's just off the bench - he'll pick up goals and assits (when our injured players return). Just have to forget about the 45mil price tag.

He came here for the money not to improve. He looked at his career and said yeah I've done my bit and tried my best, now I can see out my career here.

Same as Walcott, the level of intelligence from him is shocking, he knows he has the mls.

He came here for the money not to improve. He looked at his career and said yeah I've done my bit and tried my best, now I can see out my career here.

Same as Walcott, the level of intelligence from him is shocking, he knows he has the mls.

We all like to have a good pension.lol

Liverpool game excluded I think he's shown gradual improvement in that CM under ancelloti. I think he'll continue to improve as he gets more familiar in that role.

He's not been great this year, but he can still do a job for us, even if it's just off the bench - he'll pick up goals and assits (when our injured players return). Just have to forget about the 45mil price tag.
He’s been ok against modest opposition barring last week. Burnley he was integent with the ball. I thought he played well yesterday and I have crucified him on here. One thing that strikes me is someone with his skill set doesn’t like carrying the ball. I’m not sure if that it’s a confidence thing. There are times he has the opportunity to take the ball stride forward and draw defenders before releasing the ball but he doesn’t seem to have the confidence to execute this.

Agreed on point 1, although it’s a bit of a truism. But his return there prior to this season was undoubtedly good. Strange that you’re ignoring that. Yes he’s been poor this season, but that’s why Silva was trying to figure out what to do with him before all the injuries.

Right now, it’s an all hands on deck situation in central midfield, he’s having to cover a position he‘s pretty much never played at this level, and he’s doing fine. Anybody ignoring that context just lacks credibility.

As for the rest, all strawman arguments, I’m afraid. And the final point is a borderline contradiction; it’s true of most 10s that the team needs to be built around them to a large extent. But that’s a longer term problem to address at the end of the season, and is irrelevant to his current performance level.

He hadnt played support striker in his career...your post only focuses on his position at this club amd not his regular positions of left midfield and...centre midfield.

He played a lot of games in centre midfield for Reading for example.

Im not sure why you would even include an undercurrent of rudeness in your post when you obviously dont have any knowledge on the player before joining the club...

Credibility / strawman arguments...get in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.