2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly other than his set pieces did he contribute anything today other than trying to score from about 65 yards with a pitching wedge for a foot.

I don't get it with him, always liked him till he joined us and everything i thought he was, he isn't.

Some of that's him, some of it's this nonsense second striker role Silva is giving him but he's just incredibly disappointing.

He's always been like this. People expected him to be a playmaker - he's not. He's a player who relies on other players to allow him to score worldies, or make the perfect run for a wonder pass.

He's a talented, wildly inconsistent footballer. A luxury player.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he never played again. If Sigurdsson is the answer for a club chasing continental qualification, then you're asking the wrong question.

He just hides like a wallflower he is better suited playing at a smaller club where he is the big fish plays the odd decent pass now and again is that what 50 million gets you these days
He played a pass through and DCL literally tried his hardest to back heel back to him which went sideways. That is all I’ve seen him do in these 3 games so far. I think he needs to be starting on the bench for the next 3 and see if that gives him the rocket up his backside

Needs to be dropped to the bench... but any Everton X1 without his name in it looks so worryingly short on goals. (Not that he’s contributed any recently)

Seriously, what was that crap just before half time? And his face like he didn't have a clue what the hell he was doing either. Was it a shot? A pass?

I means what the hell is he?

Still recovering from the night of the wedding. Worst player on the pitch today (barring Gomes).

I love this. He played deeper in more of a 4-3-3. He was the ONLY one that created anything in the first half. Coleman did, but that's because Siggy sprung him. Yet he was the problem. Love it. The stats of course back that up, but we know those don't mean anything other than objective reality.

Andre Gomes however played maybe the worst game he's ever played in an Everton jersey, but I'm sure he looked good to many of you. Seriously, if you think Sigurdsson played poorly and Gomes played okay, you need to have yourself examined. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I love this. He played deeper in more of a 4-3-3. He was the ONLY one that created anything in the first half. Coleman did, but that's because Siggy sprung him. Yet he was the problem. Love it. The stats of course back that up, but we know those don't mean anything other than objective reality.

Andre Gomes however played maybe the worst game he's ever played in an Everton jersey, but I'm sure he looked good to many of you. Seriously, if you think Sigurdsson played poorly and Gomes played okay, you need to have yourself examined. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

All that is complete BS

You're right. Truth is Sigurdsson played poorly and Gomes played poorly. Many of the others just, played poorly

Last edited:
Your right. Truth is Sigurdsson played poorly and Gomes played poorly. Many of the others just, played poorly
Sigurdsson did not play poorly. He had plenty of touches finally because he was sitting deeper. Not surpisingly he had a couple successful dribbles and 2 key passes in the first half. Then we come out in the 2nd half, he makes one fantastic pass to DCL after an equally impressive pass by Mina, and DCL hit it with his heel.

Gomes was horrendous. Didn't make a single defensive play all match, was passed around like he was a pole when he wasn't fouling, gave the ball away, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass beyond 20 meters, and contributed almost nothing to the match other than being directly responsible for both goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.